Metalcore take on Knytt Stories The Machine

• 4 Replies
Metalcore take on Knytt Stories The Machine
« on: December 10, 2010, 05:08:43 »
So yeah.

I am the lead/rhythm guitarist of a Stockholm based progressive/experimental metalcore band called This Is Not A Game of Who the Fuck Are You and a big (!) fan of Knytt and Nifflas other game series. I myself listen to a lot of ambient/sound art music like Black To Comm, Circle (their masterpiece Miljard), Belong, Stars of the Lid and Bohren & Der Club Of Gore, but when it comes to playing and writing I tend to drift in to realms of metal/hardcore.

Anyway, I introduced the singer to Knytt Stories The Machine and he liked it so much he wrote a song about it. It goes something like this:

The title is unrelated BTW.

You can download the entire album for free here: http://tinagowtfay.com/
High fidelity hard copies will be available soon.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 15:13:46 by Doktor Glas »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Metalcore take on Knytt Stories The Machine
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 08:55:33 »
Would you mind compressing the .wav file to .mp3 or .ogg and upload that? If you use maximum quality 320k bitrate, it will sound the same but is much much smaller.

Alternatively, you could upload it to soundcloud and use [soundcloud=artist]song[/soundcloud] bbcode to embed it here.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 20:59:17 »
OH MAN!  This is amazing!  Downloading the album as I type.  I will be sure to pass this around to my metal-head friends and get the word out on how amazing you guys are!
Teeeheee

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 22:04:15 »
I'm glad you like it! :D We have got a remastered version coming up soon, this one is pretty raw. If you liked this one you will probably like Glass Wall and Mewgte as well. The ones I'm the most proud of are probably Islandman and Inter Gender Wrestling Champion of the World. 

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 02:42:16 »
The whole album is amazing.  I really like how experimental you guys can get in the middle of some of your songs.  Go from crazy metal guitar straight into clean happy-esque kind of stuff.  I wish I had just a small bit of your talent, lol, I haven't played my guitar in years. 

How does the ordering go?  Like will you guys have a pay-pal set up or something else?  I'd really like to support you guys, but I'd rather not send an email with my credit card info or anything.  :\
Teeeheee