Arcade cheaters are being dealt with

• 3 Replies

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
Arcade cheaters are being dealt with
« on: November 29, 2010, 07:10:30 »

The above screenshot is just one example of the highscore manipulation that's been going on the arcade. After a brief staff discussion, we decided that from now on such behavior will be dealt with. Besides erasing their highscores all across the boards, cheaters will have their arcade access revoked, as per the new rules.

Personally, I feel that lame cheating like that goes against the spirit of our forum. The custom challenges, the hidden star awards and the achievement signature bar - all of these are based on good faith and they rarely see abuse. The arcade works much the same way: with virtually no cheat-proof system in place, it doesn't take uber-hacking skills to manipulate the scores, yet most of us don't feel the need to do so.

So it's a bit unfortunate that we have to spell out this obvious rule, but if that's what it takes to deter a few bad apples from ruining the fun, then that's what we do. :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:48:22 by SiamJai »

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade cheaters are being dealt with
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 10:06:08 »
Some scores that weren't cheated were removed anyway. I'm confused...
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here
My Youtube *Contains NSFW*

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:19:45 »
Scores are removed based on a number of things, including recorded extra data not shown on the front-end. So even if a score looks 'normal' in the front, there might be red flags in the backend that make it look like it was cheated.

With that said, it's not 100% perfect of course, so if you believe that a score has been removed erroneously and want it restored from backup, send me a PM and we'll talk about it.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 14:34:42 »
I did notice some scores were removed from some games. My score was removed from three games, even though I wasn't even #1, and I swear I never cheated.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)