Old short levels from the original KS era by Comhon

• 1 Replies

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
Old short levels from the original KS era by Comhon
« on: December 31, 2020, 23:27:05 »
Happy New Year, guys!

I was thinking about this for a very long time, but I finally managed to do it. Here are my oldest levels, that did not have topic on the forums. Most of them are quite short and with a simple story (or no story at all) but what can you except - it has been more than twelve years.

I replayed them all and since this post is actually republishing them again (they were present only on the KS Level Archive, sice they were originally published on the old forum), I fixed some annoying bugs in the design and typos in the dialogues and cutscenes. But mostly I kept them as they are.

So now, here they are.

The Strange Deep Forest

The Strange Deep Forest is the first level I ever created. It is just a tiny adventure made using the default assets coming from Within A Deep Forest.

Categories: Easy, Small, Challenge
(originally released under Normal category)

Download v.1.6 (48.67 kB) from KS Level Archive

Juni's Sister

Juni’s Sister is the second of my three initial levels released together one December evening in 2007. It is another small adventure situated in the Knytt World and follows classic KS story about looking for someone or something. Unlike its predecessor, this level does contain multiple environment changes. Before I spoil you everything, give the level a try. And try to be calm about it, these three levels are really quite old.

Download v.3.2 (89.08 kB) from KS Level Archive

Waterless land

Waterless land is the last of the three Knytt Stories levels I initially released. After playing the original level for Knytt Stories The Machine, I was so inspired that I decided to make my own variation of it. For a starting level designer, it was biting off more that I could chew, so I ended with much smaller world. I made the level it back in 2007 so don’t except some epic story, it just somehow stopped raining. Your task is to help your sister to save the world. Don’t ask for details, just take it as is.

(originally released under Normal category)

Download v.3.0 (117.62 kB) from KS Level Archive

Ghost Land

Ghost Land is a level Dadak created in collaboration with me while I was teaching him how the Level Editor can be used. It was released a just while after my three initial Knytt Stories levels in early 2008, so a short easy challenge is what you should except. Level size is tiny.

Download v.1.1 (76.99 kB) from KS Level Archive

The Mine

The Mine is another level I created in collaboration with Dadak. Juni was left and locked out in the mining facility. Will she be able to return back to the surface?

Download v.2.0 (47.39 kB) from KS Level Archive

Underground of The Deep Forest

Underground of The Deep Forest is a sequel to the original The Strange Deep Forest. This time you have been locked in the underground. Will you be able to find all keys and unlock the gate back to the surface? It is a short challenge, but after the years I enjoyed replaying it. So I hope you will too.

Categories: Normal, Small, Challenge

Download v.1.1 (41.96 kB) from KS Level Archive

Note: This post is just a compilation of the recent posts on my blog I created in 2015 to share my KS content. That time I ended just with the tilesets. Now, after five years, I found out it the site was still up so I decided to finish the work I abandoned before. And then I realised it would be a nice to post it on the forums too. You might find some additional interesting info about these levels there and hopefully about the newer ones in the future.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 23:30:16 by Comhon »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Old short levels from the original KS era by Comhon
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 03:09:27 »
Wow! I don't think I've played any of these. I'll definitely give these a look sometime next year.