[Program] ScreenTimer

• 2 Replies

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
[Program] ScreenTimer
« on: November 23, 2010, 21:49:08 »
A simple program I made, for people who do video speedruns/let's plays. (or anyone who needs a timer :D)

Includes easy-to-use controls, two modes (stopwatch/countdown), optional time to beat display, internal operations manual, and numerous security features (to prevent haaaaax)

Top line is current elapsed time/time remaining, bottom line is time to beat/countdown start time. I hax0red in the 67 because I am actually Chuck Norris.

Heresa controls you need (moar info in Help/How to Use)
Use the "Mode" menu to switch between Stopwatch/Countdown modes. Controls are the same for both. Controls will work even if the window is not in focus.
Press "Delete" or F9 to start the timer.
Press "End" or F12 to pause. Display flashes.
Press "Home" or F11 while paused to reset.
Press "Insert" or F10 to (maybe) split time. (bugged)
Set time to beat/countdown time under Settings/Stopwatch/Time to Beat or Settings/Countdown/Set Time.

And the security:
Every time you start the timer, a secure code is generated displayed (based on sys time and randomness) for five seconds. Once you stop and reset the timer, this code is displayed again. If the codes at the start and finish do not match, it means you have stopped and reset the timer, and that the time you set is illegitimate. This means it is important to film yourself starting the timer at the start, and you resetting it at the end. Future versions may show this code while paused as well.

Happy timing!  :D

Download 617 KB

Bug Fix List:
Fixed mode reset on setting countdown time/TTB

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 22:09:32 by jimj316 »

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: [Program] ScreenTimer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 11:38:21 »
Nice.

I have one complaint though... or perhaps a bug report or what you will call it :P

The grey of an inactive part of the digit is pretty dark compared to the black front color which makes it very hard to actually read the number. This is a problem if you want to quickly check your time during the speedrun, cus it takes time to read the time. Funny huh? :P
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
Re: [Program] ScreenTimer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 17:53:52 »
Thanks LPChip!

Adding an option to change/disable background digits nao.
Making the display background lighter. Computer isn't cooperating D:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 18:25:41 by jimj316 »

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)