[Challenge - Hard-Lunatic] Depths

• 48 Replies

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge - Hard-Lunatic] Depths
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 05:05:09 »
I've managed to do it :) I've finished the level except screen 3 and blue key.

Did you get frustrated during your attempts. I know that i got very frustrated while trying this. Still failed :sad:

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 10:44:47 »
Yes, these accurate key strokes lead to tension and a bit of nervousness. I din't try as much continuously as to get really frustrated. I do such fully Lunatic screens in occasional series of attempts. Like up to 3 per day. Sometimes I don't return to a level for more than a week.
I do prefer less lunacy though, and like being able to complete a couple screens per gaming session.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:48:18 by GrayFace »

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 15:05:15 »
SCREEN 4:  The sge IS intentional as an attempt to let your guard down,  only to see the flying things fly through the wall :P

SCREEN 5: is possible... i dont see why this would have to be nerfed...  you just need to keep juni between the laser and the spikes at the bottom... i tested it and its possible albeit hard :D

SCREEN 6: The highjump power up is designed to trick you... either A: you jump to it and get stuck on the block and die, or B: your smart and do the double jump trick and get it but realize you cant get out of this room and have to die... maybe its a bit of a cheapshot but i think it was worthy :P

SCREEN 12:  you can climb on those blocks... and it is possible to get the blue key without highjump, as you can climb on the horizontal blocks...

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

So thats that :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 15:06:54 by Emeraldfire7 »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 16:05:48 »
SCREEN 4:  The sge IS intentional as an attempt to let your guard down,  only to see the flying things fly through the wall :P

SCREEN 5: is possible... i dont see why this would have to be nerfed...  you just need to keep juni between the laser and the spikes at the bottom... i tested it and its possible albeit hard :D

SCREEN 6: The highjump power up is designed to trick you... either A: you jump to it and get stuck on the block and die, or B: your smart and do the double jump trick and get it but realize you cant get out of this room and have to die... maybe its a bit of a cheapshot but i think it was worthy :P

SCREEN 12:  you can climb on those blocks... and it is possible to get the blue key without highjump, as you can climb on the horizontal blocks...

Screen 3 is the only screen needed to be fixed. No matter how people do it, They cannot climb on to the left wall.
Put two blocks above the horizontal lazer attached to the left wall, put a spike on the second block that you put from the wall and a white laser so nobody can get access there. Also, get rid of the savepoint and the block below it to make it possible.

Example
|
|--
|--------------------------------

- Bottom Line - Horizontal laser
- Top Line - New blocks
- Left Line - Left wall.
or prove that it is possible :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 16:11:44 by PeppyHare4000 »

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 18:37:49 »
Eh, I wish my very hard level got this level of attention  :moody:
BTW, I finished it back then, but haven't commented. Very good level AFAIR.

Wow, thank you! I'll be celebrating since I thought noone really played it because of the depressing difficulty :)

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 18:58:59 »

Wow, thank you! I'll be celebrating since I thought noone really played it because of the depressing difficulty :)

what is this hard level you talk about. I want to try it >)

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 19:53:24 »

what is this hard level you talk about. I want to try it >)

http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=3111.0

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 20:57:46 »

Screen 3 is the only screen needed to be fixed. No matter how people do it, They cannot climb on to the left wall.
Put two blocks above the horizontal lazer attached to the left wall, put a spike on the second block that you put from the wall and a white laser so nobody can get access there. Also, get rid of the savepoint and the block below it to make it possible.

Example
|
|--
|--------------------------------

- Bottom Line - Horizontal laser
- Top Line - New blocks
- Left Line - Left wall.
or prove that it is possible :)

I ASSURE YOU that screen three is possible... it is possible! it is it is it is it is it is XD,  i tested if its possible to jump real close to a laser and not die, i tested if you can make all the jumps in that screen,  i tested a whole bunch of things,  screen three IS possible!

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 23:09:20 »
i took a look at the help you put up. It seems like you tested it while you had the highjump without realizing it.
I looked at your map strategy then tested it with the highjump. It was exactly equivalent to the pathway of step five. For the rest of it though, It seems like you tested it without the highjump

Getting to the save point is possible though.

Can you please test it one more time without the highjump before saying it is possible.
How many times have you succeeded with step 5?

Also for screen six, I can get the highjump and make it back to the loading button near the save point unharmed...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 23:26:02 by PeppyHare4000 »

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 14:24:04 »
just tested without highjump... it IS possible all teh jumps are completely possible!

Step five is to be ignored and replaced with

You dont need to go down and in fact youll get stuck if you go down... so stay up!

Right this level is now completely possible you'll need to download this version (fixed a musical error which wasnt right...)

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?sbf7wq6xgk5k3qr

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 16:29:39 »
i did stay up to get to the second floaty block. I just have trouble making that specific jump from the second floaty block to the left wall.
It might be possible now that i analyzed something. Im thinking you must land on the edge of the second floaty block but juni's foot must not be in the air then you must jump just right when the horizontal laser is about to come up so you can get more distance during the first jump of the double jump then double jump JUST AT THE RIGHT TIME to get on the wall...

Then climb up the wall for safety and SAVE YOUR PROGRESS.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 23:38:08 »
Indeed. I had no idea that not all floor is sticky.

SCREEN 6: I did that screen with the highjump too.

I ASSURE YOU that screen three is possible... it is possible! it is it is it is it is it is XD,  i tested if its possible to jump real close to a laser and not die, i tested if you can make all the jumps in that screen,  i tested a whole bunch of things,  screen three IS possible!
There are 2 impossible jumps:
1) The one already being talked about.
2) The first similar jump where you have to climb on the wall from the other side. It was possible before you put that block under the save point.
In fact, if you go down you aren't stuck, you can jump on the spiky block. There's one save pixel you can stand on.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 23:44:42 by GrayFace »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2010, 23:45:36 »
The one with the savepoint under the block is possible. I completed it myself. You have to time it right and not be afraid to jump too far :)
I agree with you for the jump to the left wall though

and the spiked block is possible in your worlds. i bet its RIDICULOUS HARD though

EmeraldFire7 says it is possible. I don't get how it's possible though.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 00:08:43 by PeppyHare4000 »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2010, 22:15:34 »
Okay, This is getting ridiculous :moody:
that specific jump in step 5 is just too specific for anyone but you to succeed in.

Can you PLEASE, i mean PLEASE put one block right above the horizontal laser connecting to the left wall. The challenge will still be hard for everyone. If you do that, you will have nothing else to edit in the game. The other thing you have to do is put the music to 255 on screen three (assuming it is a mistake).

Can you please edit the trap once more and then the level is done for good PLEASE.

I have been trying to succeed in this trap and i can never succeed at all.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2010, 22:32:31 »
OK! i see one mistake...

Hopefully this works now yes? :D

P.S.  It IS! possible!