Knytt powers? (concluded)

• 36 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Knytt powers?
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 21:45:35 »
How about Kyntt  being able to fall into holes too small for regular balls?
How is that a power?

Remember... Nifflas is looking for powerups that the knytt might have, not features for the game itself.

[mod]fixed the quote you presumably intended :P2[/mod]
Edit by LPChip: Thanks Paula. I knew something went wrong. I fixed it twice, but couldn't put my finger on it... :nuts:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 08:18:28 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 12:08:02 »
 :whoa:

Nice avatar! The Knytt character looks great.

[mod]now now, you're not supposed to lead the conversation astray with talks about people's avatars. :P also I think he looks kind of adorably retarded. :P2[/mod]
Edit by PONTO: Sorry, Miss Paula, won't happen again. :P
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 13:20:50 by PONTO »

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 12:36:45 »
euh, back to topic....
will there be umbrella action again? or something else that can shield/deflect (lasers? (by a mirror thing))....I dunno.
also I think there really really has to be the option to make him rock out. like headbanging. Like

yep, definitely. :|
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 13:53:36 »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Knytt powers? (concluded)
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 13:13:36 »
Thanks for the suggestions! I've added what the game needs now. It'll be much fewer powers than I first thought, but instead the ones I came with have so many possibilities that I can design hundreds of different puzzles around them. Portal for example only have a single weapon that still spawns endless puzzle mechanics, and I like to think I managed to do something slightly similar (though with completely different powers) :D

Playing as a knytt character will be super easy, and playing as a ball will be medium. Playing in "mixed" mode where you have to transform between them will be difficult, but rewarding as you'll be able to pull off some absolutely crazy moves.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 13:17:02 by Nifflas »

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 00:08:04 »
i am really, really liking the sound of this. C)

also I think there really really has to be the option to make him rock out. like headbanging. Like
yep, definitely. :|

i approve of this suggestion. C)p

Offline Zackarii

• View Profile
Re: Knytt powers? (concluded)
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 22:02:07 »
I bet I'm far too late, but I just wanted to share my idea.

In one of the very early posts, there was a suggestion about digging. I think its a good idea, but as someone said, it could be used to skip through things and fall into voids. Well I thought of something that could be added to help with the digger. In the Knytt Stories level editing program, there are things to make where you can walk through walls if you have the eye (I think so at least. Its either that or the lines you can see with the eye can be used as a hint), where you can give off a teal colour with the Detector, and something that prevents climbing walls.

Well my idea is having one of those things, but instead of a space where you can't climb, it makes you able to dig through walls, terrain, ect. So it would be like the No Climb/No Jump/Sticky.ect squares in the banks in the level editor

I hope I'm making sense. It seems to make sense to me. If someone already put something like this, I'm sorry, as I hadn't seen any with this idea, so if there is a post like this, I must have accidently missed it.