3 screen shots & short game info

• 89 Replies

Offline Feryl

• View Profile
Re: Screen shot & short game info
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 16:52:39 »
A combination of my two favorite Nifflas games?!? My face is still stinging from all the times I just slapped myself.  Either I'm trapped in the best dream ever or the dreamworld has somehow bled out of my mind and invaded the real world creating some sort of bizarre fantasy realm.  One minute, I'm going to go fly off the top of a building...

...okay, so bad news.  Apparently this fantasy realm does not involve being able to fly.  I repeat...you can NOT fly.  So don't try.  Unless you love having both your legs broken in fifteen places in which case...uh...seek help.

What.

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
Re: Screen shot & short game info
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 20:00:00 »
...okay, so bad news.  Apparently this fantasy realm does not involve being able to fly.  I repeat...you can NOT fly.  So don't try.  Unless you love having both your legs broken in fifteen places in which case...uh...seek help.

What.

I think it's a joke.

Anyways, KynttWaDF seems like a VERY good idea!!
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline D Fast

• View Profile
Re: 2 screen shots & short game info
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2010, 19:54:17 »
Awesome.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2010, 20:47:58 »
Yeah, basically, if you like Knytt and Within a Deep Forest, you will like this.

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2010, 15:11:40 »
I am SO looking forward to this; Knytt and WaDF are two of my favourite games!

I hope it has an atmosphere more like those games though (WaDF in particular), the screenshots make it look a lot more like Saira.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2011, 04:47:48 »
Sorry Nifflas but I think that the design of the Knytt is somehow... bad.

I really loved it in Knytt and Knytt Stories, cause the Knytt there looked like Knytt and nothing else. The new design is more human.  :/
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2011, 06:22:50 »
The proportions are similar; big head and small body. Saira is more human-like, this is definitely not a human. This is a typical Knytt Stories character, only with better resolution and antialiasing. It's what a knytt looks always looked like in my head. I'm sorry I can not I live up to your idea of them :(

Edit: Well, obviously I then decided to change the character...

This was also a reaction with Cave Story Wii as the resolution had doubled, and additional details was added, like Balrog's nose and eyebrows, or some new facial expressions that you had basically never been able to see before. Some fans basically thought that it didn't match how they had percieved the characters. In this case, my response can only be something in the lines of what Amaya said (though this is not at all an exact quote); I draw according to how I percieve the characters, the added detail only lets you see how better.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 22:56:17 by Nifflas »

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2011, 14:51:39 »
Oh, only now did I notice that Nifflas added a new screenshot to the first post. x)
I thought you were commenting on the Knytt's appearance based on LPChip's avatar.

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 14:30:44 »
Well,
it's your mind which was creating the Knytt as we know them. So it's up to you to design the characters as you like. It's just my personal point of view but maybe I'm distracted be the design of Juni and Knytt in the previous games (which are awesome).
Or maybe I'll change my mind again with upcoming screens or trailers.
Anyways, I'm very curious about Knyttwadf Nifflas. Just keep going  :^^:
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 15:47:53 »
My favourite Knytt will always be the one from Knytt. The others all look a lot more human to me. Pre-KS (in other words the Knytts we saw in WaDF and in Knytt, all designed by Sara Sandberg) the Knytts looked plumper with monkey-like tails to me. The tails seemed to disappear after that, which I think is a shame cos they're so cute!

But Vinterrun you're right, it's the artist's decision that matters the most.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 16:34:49 »
It's important to understand that a Knytt isn't a species. It's a generic word for small creatures, so chance is you'll also see the less human-like ones with tails at some point in the game.

But yeah, you're totally right about that Sara's characters look different than mine, which explains the characters the village in WaDF.

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 17:51:27 »
This is going to be so cool. Oh, 2012, why must you hold everything awesome?
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau,
Some belong to strangers and some to folks you know,
Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand,
To beautify the foothills and shake the many hands.
-The Meat Puppets

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 18:09:11 »
Well, now there's NightSky and soon The Great Work :D

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 04:27:57 »
It's important to understand that a Knytt isn't a species. It's a generic word for small creatures, so chance is you'll also see the less human-like ones with tails at some point in the game.
Ah right, I didn't know that.

And yeah, we seem to be getting a flood of awesome Nifflas releases! :D

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2011, 04:32:48 »
I guess I do think the ultra flat top mullet is a bit much, differing from Juni's more subdued, curve topped mullet.  But as has been said, artist's call.  And this looks like it is sharing similar water effects as the Great Work?  Yeeeaaahhh!