TIGSource Features KS Levels

• 29 Replies

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
TIGSource Features KS Levels
« on: November 11, 2010, 07:07:18 »
A recent article on the notable indie gaming site TIGSource features six KS levels, along with the forum and the archives.

Which levels? Click here to find out! :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:20:41 by SiamJai »

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
Re: TIGSource Features KS Levels
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 12:27:43 »
another collaborative indie game blog links to my tigsource article http://www.diygamer.com/2010/11/6-great-alternative-knytt-stories-games/

since the release of shipwrecked, i've been trying all levels released on the forums (i don't keep up with the archive though, the archive is a mess). are there good levels that are released somewhere else (personal blogs, other forums etc)?

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 12:44:12 »
Great news! More publicity is something the current KS community could use. It's a bit sad that some of the older classic levels don't get a mention in the lists the TIGSource blog linked to. I'm thinkning of adding a page to my website linking to some of those, with descriptions. Hmm.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 17:47:46 »
Woe be those of us who make Environmental levels. Always passed up for the trickjumps. ._.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 02:31:31 »
@ Ortoslon: Glorious Trainwrecks is a game making forum that hosts a few KS levels which aren't announced or hosted elsewhere.

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:48:14 by ortoslon »

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 14:55:55 »
Wasn't Enemy Mine made for the levels competition? Also, grats to Healy and Yoshji, and anyone else of the community that made it onto the list that I missed! Continue to make good levels! :D

Edit: Oh, just noticed that ortoslon got all of them from this website. Grats all, anyways!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 18:28:17 by jetio4 »
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:48:52 by ortoslon »

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 01:22:34 »
Wow, two on the list! Thanks a ton, Ort; this is really encouraging!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 10:00:10 »
This is turning into a formidable record, Talps! It makes me want to strive to beat you... unfortunately, I'm too lazy to put in the high level of effort that would require.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 15:50:26 »
So there is an advantage to having no life! :D

Thanks, Ortoslon; it's really great to get recognition from you. It's nice that something I do for fun is actually enjoyed by other people, too. Good list of great levels, you got there.

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 00:39:33 »
Talps, I wanna work with you again. It's the only way I'm ever getting on that list...
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 02:43:27 »
Coldmist Mountain got on the list! You will remain where you deserve to, peasant: at the foot of my mighty Throne of Knytt Awesome! (Now who's ego's massive?)

Actually I think you'll get on the list the same way I did; make levels until you work out what works and what doesn't, listen to the feedback you receive, work out rough guidelines for that fine line between challenging and annoying, and then make a good level.

The first level I made was probably longer than Eurydice, and while it had some great moments, it was also often frustrating, really, really hard, unnavigable and generally not much good. I learnt a lot from that first level, the biggest bit of which was that I wish I'd done my learning in smaller chunks, so more than 1 person would have finished it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:45:00 by Talps »