Juni's sprite mod?

• 4 Replies

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
Juni's sprite mod?
« on: November 11, 2010, 01:01:40 »
I wanted to know, is there any way I can modify Juni's sprite, other than the colors? I'm planning a level about ice skating, and I would like to draw simple skates or blades on her feet... it would just look strange, and out of subject, if she walks on the ice...

Oh, is anyone using AVG antivirus? Apparently software like Avast, AVG, McAfee, etc, detect a bunch of harmless temp. files as Trojan Agents. Yesterday's AVG update did this, so until they fix it, I have to disable it whenever I test my level in the editor... (KS is so "evil", I can't add it to the ignore list). It got me worried, and google browsing for a few hours  :/

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
Re: Juni's sprite mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 01:23:53 »
You'd have to use a ks mod that would allow it or patch it yourself.. And maybe link the patch in the level.
Probably just edit the animation, but I think the walking sound plays in accordance with the footsteps, so you might have a problem.
Sorry if I'm wrong..

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 00:24:13 »
Ummm, well okay :) Although, I'm as lost as before... I mean, I did just check all the KS mod topics I could find, but none seem to do the job. Maybe KS Ex., with that "Lua" tool?

Or otherwise, I'll have to make the patch myself, and even with the appropriate tools, I'm quite sure I lack the knowledge. Thanks anyway!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 01:23:16 »
To my knowledge none of the KS mods allow you to create your own animations for Juni. I looked into it, but Multimedia Fusion, the engine KS is built on, is designed in a way that makes this very difficult to achieve. You could easily change the Juni animations with Multimedia Fusion, but the current price is $119USD, $85USD for students.

I left user created player character animations out of my unreleased mod, because I was afraid my approach would cause a performance loss. GrayFace intended to have graphics replacing capabilities in his mod, KS Ex, but I don't know what success he's had or if it would work on Juni. I didn't see it in the feature list though.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 19:02:43 »
The way I tried to change sprites doesn't work, it's probably a bug of MMF2. Somehow it only works reliably on the first cadre of the first animation. Anyway, Juni's sprite can already be changed in KS Ex by synchronizing a custom object with Juni's position, but there's no easy-to-use way to do that. I'll probably do this in the next version or just make the code for that.