[Request] Ghost Juni

• 6 Replies

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
[Request] Ghost Juni
« on: November 10, 2010, 16:34:27 »
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could make a CO of a semi-transparent, grey, ghost version of Juni for me, similar to the ghosts found in Bank 12. Not moving, just standing at the centre of the tile, two versions (facing left and right) or just one (facing right). I would've done it myself but I have a lot of problems with GIMP transparency for some reason, and simple transparency doesn't work quite as well. I can supply a .gif/.png version of Juni on a white background (beware of using Juni from one of the standard tilesets, since she doesn't match the character exactly). I'd appreciate it greatly.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Re: [Request] Ghost Juni
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 18:35:25 »
Something like this? I'm not sure if its transparent enough.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 18:38:10 »
Something like this? I'm not sure if its transparent enough.

Wow, thank you! So fast! I'll try to use it now and I'll get back to you.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 18:42:12 »
For future reference, with GIMP you can simply use the Level panel to make an image translucent, there's an Opacity slider (at least I think that's how it's called in the English version).
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 18:54:30 »
Firecat, it worked beautifully. Maybe a bit more transparency would be good, but maybe not, since I wanted ghost Juni to stand out a bit, and blending in with other ghosts wouldn't give that effect. If you could make a bit more transparent version without too much trouble, I'd be very grateful.

AA, thank you, but my problem was that GIMP wouldn't save transparent stuff properly. I would draw a sign, for instance, and want the remaining tile to be completely transparent (without using the 255,0,255 color). So I'd "erase" the remaining color and it would show as transparent in the editor, but require more erasing of the already erased stuff (!) to get really transparent, and I had no idea why. So I've given up on it and have been using Paint ever since, only using simple transparency  :/

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 20:01:34 »
Depending on your settings, new pictures may not have an alpha channel by default. The alpha channel is like a color channel except it describes how opaque something is. To add an alpha channel in Gimp choose Layer->Transparency->Add Alpha Channel (If it is grayed out, then the picture already has an Alpha Channel.) Then, it's best to select what you don't want and delete it.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 16:09:28 »
Depending on your settings, new pictures may not have an alpha channel by default. The alpha channel is like a color channel except it describes how opaque something is. To add an alpha channel in Gimp choose Layer->Transparency->Add Alpha Channel (If it is grayed out, then the picture already has an Alpha Channel.) Then, it's best to select what you don't want and delete it.

Thank you! I'll look into this the next time I use GIMP.