Project I/O : IGF 2011 Entry

• 3 Replies

Offline rekcah

• View Profile
    • Rekcahdam's Blog
Project I/O : IGF 2011 Entry
« on: November 05, 2010, 21:55:04 »

So today I've decided to release my IGF 2011 entry, Project I/O! Like rComplex, we didn't start developing this game until a week before the IGF 2011 deadline. I guess we dont ever get motivated until the last minute o.O...

You play as a test subject who is held against his will in a training facility. To escape the facility he must use his environment to his advantage. Luckily he isn't alone ....

You can download the game HERE and enjoy!

Let me know what you guys think about this one =)! Thanks!

REQUIREMENTS:

OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows XP or Vista or 7

RAM: 256M

PROCESSOR: 1.3 Ghz Intel Celeron M or any comparable AMD/Intel Processor

GPU: ATI 9000, Nvdia Geforce 4MX 32 MB or equivalent OpenGL compatible GPU

CAPACITY: 90 MB of hard drive space is required !

CREDITS:

Roger Hicks - Code, Music and Sound Effects

Brian Terwilliger - 3D Art and Animation

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Project I/O : IGF 2011 Entry
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 00:33:26 »
Nice game, but its a bit short.

The challenges were nice, although the mech got me puzzled for a bit. I was able to activate it, but it somehow didn't let me enter the first time so I didn't consider it to be an object I required. I then tried to use the grenadelauncher to propell me over the ledge. When I tried to use the launcher to get past the mech it let me in, which was an: aaaaaah moment. X)

Aside from that, the game was pretty easy, but I consider that a good thing. The controls were very easy to get to, although I wonder what the up and down arrow are for (they are listed in the game as action keys) and the puzzles were easy to do too. The timing parts were slightly harder, but not that frustrating. I would like to see more length though.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline rekcah

• View Profile
    • Rekcahdam's Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 17:33:50 »
Hey! I'm glad you liked it. I definitely plan to release a version with  a lot more levels. This is just my IGF version.

BTW the up and down arrows are actually used in the game. When you take control of the mech you can press down to exit it. The up button isnt actually used in the demo but right after it is used. I planned on making the AI character tell you this later in the game.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 18:34:25 »
Looks interesting! I will try this as soon as I get the change. :)