Your favourite level and Why? (out of plain curiousity)

• 120 Replies

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Re: Your favourite level and Why? (out of plain curiousity)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 18:34:16 »
Actually i like 3 levels and i can't decide the best of them:
Gaia by Anyndel and Drakkan: It's big, it's aswome and it's filled with mazes and endings. you will cry, you will laugh, and you will eat cookies
The great race by Bman: Another big level, it's great how you can select 2 endings in a part of the story, and i like...
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Travel east by Darktremor: First: it has hard puzzles and challenges.
Then its wierd, and i like wierd stuff  :crazy: and third and last, it has a shoking plot at the very end, making it (supposedly) the first Knytt stories ever  :shocked:.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 18:36:48 by Firecat »
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 20:49:10 »
Much as I like custom levels, I can never quite like any of them as much as A Strange Dream.  In my opinion, that level is just perfect and I don't mean to exaggerate.  I still replay it often, much more so than any other level.

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 00:18:52 »
Wow these are great replys

But i forgot to say this but this is peobably mt second fav (if they worked on it more it would be my first)

Sohe and the Rrokked Part 1 by Baroncid & Old_gil
Its a beautiful level and it has such an  "alien" feel to it, the music, the unusal tilesets, its just wonderfull, played it 6 times probably more  :P2

Offline Razor

• !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 15:17:42 »
My Favorite level is Sohe and The Rokked Chapter 2 its Here
Sorry i dont know how to make links !!

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 20:32:18 »
Its impossible to choose just one level :)

I've always loved "A Walk at Night" for sure, to me its the best environmental level. Medic Ted's "Psychedelic Adventure" is incredible, such a pity that he never released a sequel (but check out his unfinished "Brown Lands"). The world in that level just works so perfectly, and is so rich in detail. Oh, and the same goes for Elder's "Uthoha", although its much smaller and very different. Elder always displayed a talent for environments, pity most of his levels are so short and/or based on a single idea.

Then there are puzzles - Dukit's series ("3 Square", "4 Square", "Logic" and "Reason" - the latter is unfinished, I think) is amazing, like visiting the same place every few years to find how beautifully it changed. And this old level called "Rolly Scrolly" (or "Scrolly Polly"? seems like there were several versions; I'm talking about the one with 3 secret areas and 2 endings); a marvellous idea so well-realized that I played it many, many times after I completed it, simply to enjoy how perfectly it works.

There are also some "simply beautiful" levels, such as "Riku Island", and the unfinished "Island of Mimir" by Sinix, which is just stunning visually. I don't care much for the story in the first and the gameplay in the second, but they work very well for me nonetheless. 

Then there are two authors in particular that have a very distinct sense of style, Farik ("The Hunt", "Harvest", "Ascension", etc.) and dessgeega ("The Lighthouse", "The Oubliette", "Torchlight", etc.). I don't particularly enjoy the latter's style, but its very, very distinct and well implemented. Farik's levels I always enjoyed. I hope he finishes "Homeland" one day.

Finally, although I don't like challenges or extra hard levels, but there's one that I enjoyed immensely, Klamrisk's "Room Ov Death". It seemed like hell the first time I played it (and at least one of the screens still does seem like hell), but I think its wonderful anyway.

(Sorry about ranting for so long :oops:)

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 21:53:38 »
Riku Island by Khodi is the best environmental level. It stays simple throughout, and it works.
+1.

I think Riku Island is my favorite level as well, for the same reasons; the environment is beautiful, and everything just fits.
grao!

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 22:22:40 »
And this old level called "Rolly Scrolly" (or "Scrolly Polly"? seems like there were several versions; I'm talking about the one with 3 secret areas and 2 endings); a marvellous idea so well-realized that I played it many, many times after I completed it, simply to enjoy how perfectly it works.

It's actually called "Rolly Scrolly" in the editor (and the level file, and the folder in the Worlds folder), while "Scrolly Polly" is the name that shows up in KS itself and the World.ini file. There's only one version, as far as I know.
good bye

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 00:31:58 »
I'm going to change my mind and say that Farik - Ascension is my favorite level. It's the hardest best-looking fun level that I've beaten without cheating. (I got to the secret room in The Explore Challenge without cheating, but IMO Ascension looked better and was a lot more entertaining.)
grao!

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 00:17:01 »
My Favorite level is Sohe and The Rokked Chapter 2 its Here
Sorry i dont know how to make links !!
ITS HERE!!  C)p
Time to search  :nuts:

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 02:21:33 »
I searched knyttlevels, temporary boards... nothing. But that was a while back.
Lurk more.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 06:42:31 »
It hasn't been released.
good bye

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 07:52:37 »
Of course... X)
Lurk more.

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2009, 06:57:44 »
Gaia... just Gaia... beautiful, Giant world... you spend forever just exploring the land mass you start out in, and then you find out it's only one continent of about... 4 or 5, and I still haven't reached anything that could look like an 'end.' Just... amazing, all around.

Offline Lucifuga

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 18:17:37 »
Gaia. That level is...Massive. It even has pirates! I love pirates!
Depending on how, and where, you finish the game the ending will be different.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 18:19:26 by Lucifuga »

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 00:20:49 »
Nobody else thinks FM is a good level?  <_<