Nifflas see this game as a failure?

• 3 Replies
Nifflas see this game as a failure?
« on: July 06, 2013, 05:54:54 »
From what I've seen from a couple sources KS wasn't what Nifflas wanted it to be. He thought is was to focused on power ups and puzzles instead of something environmental like knytt or knytt nano  in nano pack. So does He see this as a failure or not?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Nifflas see this game as a failure?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 10:36:07 »
He does not see this as a failure, but as a nice result to an experiment. Nifflas likes puzzles but due to how KS took a few turns he went away from what he usually does, Knytt Stories is still a very good game, just different.

Nifflas of course likes it when he puts his ideas in games, but for him, the most important thing is that his audience likes the games. Knytt Stories is still one of those games that has a big fan base, so Nifflas is like: okay, this is different but still really good. :) (correct me if I'm wrong Nifflas. :) )
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 19:49:53 »
ok chip you da man

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 17:26:25 »
It's interesting that it isn't quite what he was shooting for.  Knytt Stories is a fantastic game making engine that I've been playing with it with few breaks for the past 3 years.  I find it to be his most successful game yet so far as re-playability is concerned.