New game & ideas about cooperation

• 20 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: New game & ideas about cooperation
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 04:45:38 »
On making credits more valuable to contributors, If you styled them "extras" then the general public will be more likely to view them. This requires that the credits actually feel like bonus content. A music player would suffice for music. For tilesets, examples of the creators' intended use of them may work. Listening to and viewing all this content would take a long time, so --this is the important part-- combine the player and the viewer. The more sensory input you give the audience the less likely they will get bored.

I'm unsure of how making this available in game could work without breaking the mood/immersion. Having it accessible from the game menu and menu bar (in windowed mode) should be enough.

In a completely different direction, how about playable credits? The interactive game is the focal point of the project. Why not use that engine to display the credits? I envision a level designed around most of the created content with credits fading in and out telling who made what. "Music by ..." "Tiles by ..." "Monsters by ..." Everything could be included in this fashion including programmers and "special thanks."

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 14:47:53 »
Idea:

It would be even more thrilled to have a level section dedicated to the person you want to credit.

If it are graphics, then you view the graphics, plus some text like: These graphics are made by USER. Visit their website at www.adress.com.

With music, the screen that you visit could play that song, with additional text about that user could be displayed.

Soft of ingame credits, but more "special".
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 22:40:09 »
Wow, these are great ideas.  I love the idea of a playable example of people's work with address stuff as well.  Fantastic.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 04:15:32 »
For tilesets, examples of the creators' intended use of them may work.
And some other works of them too.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 11:59:43 »
So, this project is Knyttwadf, right?

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 16:48:31 »
I would be happy simply with a free copy of the game and my name in the credits list. Getting compensated with something like money is a mixed bonus-and-hassle package I feel no desire to get involved in. :P