Extended Version v1.5.9 - mod for KS & Level Editor

• 119 Replies

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: Extended Version v1.5.6 - mod for KS & Level Editor
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2013, 18:03:33 »
Turns out I haven't included updated scripts with v1.5.6. I'll release v1.5.7 sometime soon anyway.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: Extended Version v1.5.7 - mod for KS & Level Editor
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2013, 20:07:47 »
Version 1.5.7

Game:
  • Custom map colors support.
  • Lua: FindTemplateOverlap to speed up template objects.
  • "KS Ex Ignore" parameter of custom objects that makes KS Ex ignore them (useful for levels that should run both on KS Ex and normal KS if you change custom objects into template objects for KS Ex).
  • My bug fixed: GraphicsOverlay function didn't remove DrawFrame event causing slowdown after many calls.
Editor:
  • Now template/custom objects badges are semi-transparent when "Show custom objects" menu item is on.

There are also new "force key"/"block user" objects from KS+ in template objects thread, as well as necessary updates to golden creatures and collectables. I also noticed that I forgot to add Map Power object to the list.
I feel some temptation to fix the slowdown large World.ini causes in KG - Define, but that would mean making an extension to replace Ini++.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 20:25:23 by GrayFace »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2013, 07:31:18 »
Homing bullets... All of these are  homing bullets. Strangely it doesn't seem to happen if I try to reproduce in KS+.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2013, 22:01:34 »
Hi
I was playing LordMarzog's Gauntlet part two and when I was squashed with his custom enemy or only got killed at the screen where it is, an error occurs: "Could not call user-defined destroy callback".
I have version 1.5.7.
Is there any solution of this problem (except for "don't get killed"  :))?
Thanks

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2013, 20:04:23 »
Please send me the savegame.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: Extended Version v1.5.8 - mod for KS & Level Editor
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2013, 01:53:27 »
Version 1.5.8

Game:
  • My bug fixed: "Could not call user-defined destroy callback" occurring in slow death animation mode.
  • My bug fixed: Gold dust wasn't fully controllable from Lua.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: Extended Version v1.5.8 - mod for KS & Level Editor
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2015, 18:05:34 »
Version 1.5.9

Game:
  • Ball mode: If you hold Left or Right key, touch a wall and fully decelerate horizontally, you aren't pushed after you release the key anymore. BouncingBall.NoWallBounceSpeed parameter is added for this.
  • Cheat: When cheats are enabled, pressing Space and Map key (M by default) and left clicking on a map will teleport to the clicked position.
  • Bug fixed: Level selection menu reacted to key presses when not focused.
  • Better ShiftsDelay handling. Now during the delay shifts are triggered, but reaction is postponed.

Re: Extended Version v1.5.9 - mod for KS & Level Editor
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2015, 05:11:05 »
Say GrayFace, having no background knowledge with programming :oops: , does the linked Lua manual contain all the functions, statements, etc. that are associated with your mod?
Also, is there anything in the manual that your mod doesn't utilize. Just wondering because the manual is a lot to read.
Just so I wouldn't ask in the future, but are the codes that you've given us, such as the "simple one-liners" are the only ones this mod uses? If there are other ones, where can I find them all? 

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2015, 09:46:57 »
Documentation is always a big issue for me. Documenting all functions would almost double the work, so I didn't do that. It's easier for me to write some code for people who need it.
By linked documentation do you mean Lua manual or "XLua Interfaces.chm"? Lua manual describes the Lua language itself and general-purpose functions. "XLua Interfaces.chm" describes functions of XLua binding for working with MMF objects, but doesn't contain any information about my KS-specific stuff. Simple one-liners may barely scratch the surface. Almost all functions and all events are implemented in Data\Lua\main.lua and Functions.lua. Best way to learn is to ask me :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:52:23 by GrayFace »

Offline juste

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2015, 01:35:16 »
Hi, I've really enjoyed this mod. It's really awesome. I finally got around to getting it on my new computer, but I just have one concern.

When I start the .exe for the level editor (Level Editor Ex.exe), a Trojan is detected -- more specifically, "TR/Offend.6945595" somewhere in my Temp folder. This is detected whenever I try running the .exe and I must remove it every time, and, moreover, I'm not able to start the program due to this detection because it's being blocked (of course, I just disable my antivirus and run the program happily).

I don't doubt you or anything, and I can hardly see a Trojan being injected into a peculiar .exe such as this (a level editor for a really nice game..), but I'm just wondering why I may be detecting a Trojan in the program? Like, just a rational explanation as to why it's happening, because I know stuff like this is detected and it's nothing but I'm just curious as to the "third party" source to its detection.

It seems as though the detected "Trojan" is more specifically connected to the stdrt.exe process running thru the temp files. Just want to confirm.

Also, I downloaded the same mod previously and there were no problems (although, the computer I previously used didn't have an antivirus).

Once again I'd like to iterate that I do not believe you injected a trojan into stdrt.exe, Level Editor Ex.exe, or any other app affiliated with the download -- I'm just curious as to why this is happening. Thank you.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2015, 02:47:53 »
I've discovered what appears to be a minor bug. In areas where the music is only supposed to play when you have the eye, it plays even if I don't have it yet. For example, the creepy music in the dark area in The Machine starts playing right away, even before I collect the eye and can see the ghosts and invivible blocks. I'm not having this problem with the unmodded version of Knytt Stories.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2015, 04:52:36 »
@juste: Many virus protection programs find exception with the stdrt.exe sub-program. Level Editor Ex and many other Nifflas related programs were written with a software development program called MMF2. When you run a program written on this software it launches it's core functionality as a separate process which is similar to the way Trojans are deployed. At some point in history someone made a virus and disguised it as the strdt.exe. Most virus protection softwares therefore blacklist it. MMF2 is a somewhat widely used development software, but not wide enough for most virus protection software makers to care that they are blacklisting thousands of benign programs.

TLDR: It is safe. Try to teach your virus software to ignore it, but be as specific as you can since there are real viruses out there named strdt.exe.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2016, 23:34:38 »
The next version won't run from Temp folder, so adding an exception for it in AV shouldn't be a problem. I found that "Compress the runtime" is causing the executable to be unpacked and run from Temp.

kilicool64, thanks for report

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2018, 20:53:17 »
Sorry for the sudden bump, but I just noticed that the latest build of KS Ex (v1.5.9) seems to always use the default skin color for Juni, even when a custom color value is set in the World.ini file. This is particularly noticeable in levels that rely on this feature to make Juni invisible or give her a silhouetted look. Custom clothes colors are displayed correctly, though.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2022, 19:19:47 »
Few questions:
1. Is there something like a console? If I do print("example"), does it go somewhere that I can read?
2. How well-sandboxed is this?