Extended Version v1.5.9 - mod for KS & Level Editor

• 119 Replies
Re: Extended Version v1.5.1 - mod for KS & Level Editor
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2012, 03:55:49 »
How come Avira recognizes the editor as a virus? I tried to exclude it but it still detects the editor whenever I open it up.

Also, what are the standard sounds? Does it include walking, jumping and climbing sounds? I was thinking if I should just use your mod for my levels.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2012, 04:11:12 »
Yes, it includes all Juni sounds and save spots sound.

After you add the exe to Avira exceptions it would probably detect some .mfx module. The modules and actual exe are extracted into different locations each time the game is run, so it may be a problem.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:15:42 by GrayFace »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2012, 04:34:09 »
I have the same issue with my AV detecting a module every time I run KS. It's a nuisance to tell it every time but once you're up and running it's okay. Think of it as encouragement to play lots of levels back-to-back  ;)

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2012, 11:27:40 »
Maybe I can make unpacked versions of the game and editor.
A list of player sounds indexes in no particular order: 29, 27, 25, 28, 31, 26, 30, 58, 59, 20, 21, 24. Use sound machine in example level to find out what they are.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:45:58 by GrayFace »

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2012, 11:43:48 »
I get an error when I start the KS ex Example level:

Event 227 attempt to call a nil value
stack traceback.

and another one from Ball tutorial

event 1050 invalid parameter index requested

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2012, 12:47:38 »
Ooops, I forgot to update the Lua files in the archive.

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2012, 08:15:10 »
Everything works now. Is there a proper documentation or tutorial for the features of KS plus? I cant seem to find a tutorial on how to use custom character and how to customize other graphics/sounds.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2012, 16:25:51 »
Works? But I didn't change anything until now. Ok, take two :) I figured, since the last upload wasn't functional I won't change version number.
Version 1.5.1

Game:
  • Prettier pick up light. It's smoother now, but there's a chance you won't notice it. In an unlikely case you want to get the standard pick up light back, add "OriginalPickUpLight = true" line to Data\UserScript.lua.
  • ReplaceSound(SndID) event lets you replace most important standard sounds. Set ReplaceSound variable to desired sound name in event handler.
  • obj:GetSpeed, obj:SetSpeed methods control speed of standard moving objects. Use SetSpeed together with obj:SetDirection, obj:LookAt(x, y) or obj:LookAt(obj2).
  • GetDeceleration, SetDeceleration, GetGravity, SetGravity methods control corresponding values of standard objects that support them.
  • ObjectMovement(obj) function performs object movement according to parameters obj.SpeedX, obj.SpeedY, obj.AccelX, obj.AccelY, obj.Deceleration. It sould be called from a timer.
  • ObjectBounce(obj) function makes an object bounce off solid tiles according to parameters obj.BounceMul, obj.BounceFriction. It sould be called from a timer after ObjectMovement.
  • Other functions for object AI: ObjectDestroyTooFar, ObjectAnimateDestroy, ObjectFadeDestroy, GetDistance, SpeedInDirection.
  • My bug fixed: Some objects behaved incorrectly in version 1.5.
  • My bug fixed: In ball mode slopes detection didn't work with solid template objects.
Editor:
  • Bug fixed: Flood-fill (Shift+click) didn't work for Tileset B.

Note: I usually don't update example level on minor releases, this is no exception.

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2012, 19:56:54 »
I was talking about example levels, i re-downloaded both levels last night and it worked.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2012, 20:26:41 »
Version 1.5.2

Game:
  • My bug fixed: in 1.5.1 removing events in Lua from inside of them was causing an error.
  • My bug fixed: ObjectDestroyTooFar was incorrect.

Re: Extended Version v1.5.2 - mod for KS & Level Editor
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2012, 05:19:37 »
I cant run or open KS manager/3rd party tools using the editor.

edit:

I tried the Exe/Data download and it works fine again. I dont know whats going on with the all in one source...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:52:26 by JTsentinel »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: Extended Version v1.5.2 - mod for KS & Level Editor
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2012, 11:14:02 »
Version 1.5.3

Game:
  • Cyrillic font added. To use it add "Font=Russian" line to [KS Ex] section of World.ini. Note: you can use your own font and put it into WorldPath\Fonts\ folder.
  • Add "DefaultFont = 'Clean'" line to Data\UserScript.lua to use the Clean font by default.
  • GraphicsOverlay function lets you create new objects that use standard objects logic.
  • ReplaceHologramGraphics now doesn't change existing hologram and waits for the new one to be created instead.
  • My bug fixed: Removing events could lead to slight misbehavior in previous versions.
Editor:
  • Support of KS+ levels.
  • Signs font setup ([KS Ex] Font) is supported.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Version v1.5.3 - mod for KS & Level Editor
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2013, 20:16:24 »
I installed newest version today (I overwrote previous one) and when I wanted to make new level, I get this: "Error: could not open pack." It could load old levels normally. What should I do ?

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2013, 02:41:54 »
If there is "Nifflas - Template" folder in Worlds, delete it.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2013, 21:41:41 »
I donīt have anything like that there. I will reinstall it all.