[easy] amnesia by madlenka

• 6 Replies
[easy] amnesia by madlenka
« on: October 23, 2010, 07:34:50 »
Juni has lost her memory, which way is home?

somewhat atmospheric. hope you enjoy it  :)

http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Amnesia%20-%20Madlenka.knytt.bin

(music by vitalic & explosions in the sky)

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
Re: [easy] amnesia by madlenka
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 08:39:20 »
Ok. Sorry but this really irks me. I found your level at knytt levels archive and you have the name of the level under "author" and your name is under "level name".

Further more, after I installed it I can't find the level under either Amnesia or Madlenka. So, I searched the level editor and found neither the words Amnesia or Madlenka.

I have over 500 levels in KS Advanced. It's a real pain in the ass searching for misnamed and misplaced levels. How do you  expect anyone to play if they can't find it?

You're not the only one who's done this though. It happens now and again.

*edit* Ok. I finally found it. It's in the level editor as HUSZZAGH-etc. etc. 

Took me awhile. grrrrr
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:54:53 by lamarblake »

Offline ElMirador

• TuT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 16:32:37 »
hey madlenka
Is this the first KS level you've ever made? :)
the sprites are great.
I love the screen has some little cute things running all around....:)
and...
I love the second music...i don't know what to say but I just love it...

But still ,lots of bugs are there.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Anyway it's a good level. Keep it up~
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 16:42:13 by ElMirador »
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAACBwgAAgYEAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]WaDF is the one of the best plaformer games I've ever played XD

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 11:10:11 »
I liked the level. Too bad we don't use telegraphs anymore :) Exploring wall-swims and voids is also enjoyable, but there's a bit too much of them here.

Here are some unmentioned bugs:

I have over 500 levels in KS Advanced. It's a real pain in the ass searching for misnamed and misplaced levels. How do you  expect anyone to play if they can't find it?
I think having 500 levels in Worlds folder is pretty unmanegable. I keep all the levels I've finished in "done" subfolder.

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 22:07:26 »
hey madlenka
Is this the first KS level you've ever made? :)
the sprites are great.
I love the screen has some little cute things running all around....:)
and...
I love the second music...i don't know what to say but I just love it...

But still ,lots of bugs are there.

Anyway it's a good level. Keep it up~

Thanks very much :) I will do my best to fix it! yes, it is my first level, it is so helpful to have others spot the bugs I have missed.

the second song is called Your Hand In Mine, by the band Explosions in the Sky. I love it too :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzIK5FaC38w

thanks again!

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 22:08:51 »
I liked the level. Too bad we don't use telegraphs anymore :) Exploring wall-swims and voids is also enjoyable, but there's a bit too much of them here.

Here are some unmentioned bugs:

I think having 500 levels in Worlds folder is pretty unmanegable. I keep all the levels I've finished in "done" subfolder.

thank you, I didn't realize there were so many bugs! :) I'm so glad you liked it despite the bugginess :)

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 18:12:38 »
Eh, I'm sorry, but there were just too many bugs in this, and I thought the first music really clashed with the environment... It was so loud, too. I never even realized there was another song following that one, since I switched the sound off at some point. And I like Explosions in the Sky, so I kept trying to get the music back on every few screens to see if I finally reached an area where their song is playing! :crazy: Why would you put two songs into one file? You could use two files and thus finetune which song you want for a particular environment...

There were also some common first level mistakes, such as enemies placed too close to the margin of the screen, becoming unpleasant surprises for anyone approaching them from the adjacent screen; overreliance on enemies and traps appearing when the player approaches, making the player want to go through the level using walk mode only, random illogical no-climb walls that would've been better realized as something else impeding the player's progress. Those are all usual mistakes, but coupled with those bugs they made the level a bit annoying at times...  :(

On the plus side, there were many different environments and even nice extra screens that weren't part of the main story. I liked that, it's always good to see such things. So I hope you'll make more levels, just try to beta test a bit more next time to weed out those bugs :)