Music problems with Knytt Stories Level Editor

• 3 Replies
Music problems with Knytt Stories Level Editor
« on: October 27, 2010, 03:30:55 »
Ive been trying to add music to a level I made recently, but I cant seem to get the music to work properly with the level. Ive made the Music folder for the world I made, and I wanted to use the regular Knytt Stories music, but it wont work for some reason. Please help me....

EDIT: I just realized I made this topic in the wrong place. It was a mistake that I promise wont happen again. Im just really new to this forum...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:36:54 by cheatfreak25 »

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Re: Music problems with Knytt Stories Level Editor
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 04:08:09 »
Wait, so you have problem with the default music, the custom music, or any music?
If the second, make sure you have put the music in [your KS folder]/worlds/[your level folder]/music/songXX.ogg and the sound file its, in fact, an OGG.
If the first, make sure the folder said above doesn't have songs from Song1 to Song20, and see if there are files in [your KS folder]/data/music.
If the third, i really don't know
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:24:20 »
Wait, so you have problem with the default music, the custom music, or any music?
If the second, make sure you have put the music in [your KS folder]/worlds/[your level folder]/music/songXX.ogg and the sound file its, in fact, an OGG.
If the first, make sure the folder said above doesn't have songs from Song1 to Song20, and see if there are files in [your KS folder]/data/music.
If the third, i really don't know
Ive got my level open in the Level Editor, I clicked on the 3rd Party Tools tab and brought up the Stories Manager. I clicked on Custom Data Manager and then Music and then Add File. It shows the empty music folder for my level, but then I dont know where to go from there.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 03:24:16 »
That's for custom music, does the same thing as adding and files to Music folder with Explorer. To set music to a screen, change its number on the left side of the Editor (not 3rd Party Tools).