Knytt Empty

• 6 Replies
Knytt Empty
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:04:56 »
Hey I saw that there was a Knytt Empty mod posted here a long time ago, I tried downloading it and the download seems to not be working. I am working on a game at school and I wanted to use the Knytt engine to make the game, I would just use the editer but I wanted to completely replace the graphics, the main menu, all of that stuff. Of course I would still give credit to Nifflas for the engine and anyone else who helps me but I am just wondering if you guys have like an easy edit of the Knytt engine?

Re: Knytt Empty
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 04:40:19 »
I believe there is something like this currently in progress. (http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=4175.0)
Lurk more.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 05:14:41 »
That is more of modding, I was just looking for an empty Knytt project that I could easily customize the main game in. Like a Knytt Stories that plays only one level and you can't add/remove any. The link you sent me could work, but I want to also customize the main menu. This wouldn't be a mod, this would be a whole new game with the same engine.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:16:17 by Shippage »

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 01:16:09 »
You mean you want an easy way to use the KS engine in a game that is otherwise completely yours? I think you'd need permission from Nifflas to do that. :/
Lurk more.

Offline Whistler

• The hero of the Knytt people, Juni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 14:11:43 »
I wanted to do the same thing but... I think you would need Nifflas' permission. And give him some credit, of course.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 03:30:13 »
Pretty much, I was going to include Nifflas in the credits, I am not claiming ownership of what is not mine, I just want to make a stand alone game with the Knytt engine.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 05:07:07 »
Then just send out a PM to Nifflas and hope for the best. ;)
Lurk more.