[Environmental][Small/Medium?] Silly World

• 23 Replies

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: [Environmental][Small/Medium?] Silly World
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 21:19:13 »
You know what could be cool? Making water and waterfall COs to fit this style. 'Cause seeing the water like that in a world like this is...weird. :/

For inspiration and ideas, try playing Hero Core (in the OFG board).
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 22:11:18 »
You know what could be cool? Making water and waterfall COs to fit this style. 'Cause seeing the water like that in a world like this is...weird. :/

For inspiration and ideas, try playing Hero Core (in the OFG board).

Yeah, I thought about that but grew to like the current look of the world too much  :crazy: I seem to specialize in weird levels anyway, so eh. Besides, I'm having a very hard time drawing stuff, and COs of something as difficult as water would take me forever and half to finish.

I've tried Hero Core before and couldn't get into it precisely because of the graphical style (not that I don't like 2-bit graphics; it was this particular game's design).

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 21:57:31 »
Well, in case anyone is interested, not much progress here. We've had a horrible summer with +40C temperatures and smoke from wildfires covering the entire city, so I haven't had a chance to work on this further. Not only that, but I'm starting to think I need to make COs for this to look the way I want it to look, and like I said, I'm terrible at drawing... So probably I will only continue working on this after I finish Complacency.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 19:53:39 »
Just posting to say that this is still under development, as is Complacency, but I will probably release another level before those two are finished.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 21:31:51 »
Another progress report in case anyone cares (anyone? anyone? Bueller?..): I've been working on tiles for the area that can be glimpsed in the screens already posted. Several screens of a different area are completed, and another area is worked out, but is currently in tileset development stage. Can't give a release date yet, sorry, but I think Concealment (http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=4287.0) will come out first in any case.

Offline Pie_Sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 18:10:00 »
Aw, your last three posts look so lonely. Well, I have a comment!

Another promising level from yohji. You are quite prolific, and your levels are all very unique and entertaining. Good luck on this one. I'm liking the minimalist style.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 19:19:23 »
Aw, your last three posts look so lonely. Well, I have a comment!

Another promising level from yohji. You are quite prolific, and your levels are all very unique and entertaining. Good luck on this one. I'm liking the minimalist style.

Thank you very much! This and the other comment you left at the Concealment topic are very encouraging for me :)

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 18:10:12 »
Not dead, but on hiatus. RL is very busy at the moment, no time for knytting at all.  :(