egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod

• 1022 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod
« Reply #1020 on: October 12, 2021, 11:07:32 »
I wonder if it will be possible to use version 1080 on 3820x2160 monitors with a scale of 200% in Windows?
If the size of the monitor is a multiple of 1920x1080 it think it will give integer scaling.

I forgot to mention that the edge highlighter will now turn green when the detector glows green. I've always had trouble seeing that glow on backgrounds of a similar color or when the detector was also glowing red. Of course the edge highlighter has to be visible to do any good. (Hold E or press H.)

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 12, 2021, 13:29:22 »
Hello!

Thank you so much for your continued support of KS+!

My experience so far with the V-Sync was great, and I managed to get some smoooooth looking gameplay after following your instuctions. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right to get the most out of the experience.

• Set the monitor refresh rate to 50hz using Windows Display Settings
  • Launch "Knytt Stories Plus 1080.exe"
  • Using CTRL-Z, I zoom in to make the screen as large as possible.
  • Under Options, Set "V-Sync" to checked.
  • Use Alt-Enter to enter full-screen mode.*

*Note that I did NOT use CTRL-X to enter "Cinema Mode." It seemed marginally better performance to use Alt-Enter, but that might be my imagination. There seemed to be no aspect ratio display differences, unlike in KS and KS Plus "original" executables, which both have that visible analog-like distortion when using Alt-Enter.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 16:41:09 by pfrangip »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #1022 on: October 12, 2021, 15:18:51 »
@pfrangip: That all sound correct. If you have a 1080 monitor and use the 1080 executable, cinema mode and fullscreen mode should look identical. The difference is cinema mode is really just a maximized window and therefore subject to Win8/10's enforced 60fps with v-sync. With KS having a native frame-rate of 50 you get an approximate experience of 37fps. In fullscreen you're free of both the 60fps and the v-sync if your graphics hardware allows it.