egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod

• 1097 Replies

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
Re: egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod
« Reply #810 on: October 18, 2015, 06:12:07 »
Found an issue with the crumbling block (object 15-38); if you place it under a wall (like in the screenshot below), Juni can break it by jumping against that wall.  It'd be cool if this can be fixed easily, but if it's just an issue with how collision detection works in KS, then the workaround shouldn't be too hard (especially since I don't use many of these objects in this level to begin with).
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #811 on: October 18, 2015, 12:51:13 »
I bet a workaround would be to place a 1 pixel thick invisible tile on layer 3 at both sides.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #812 on: October 20, 2015, 02:56:23 »
@Ultigonio: Uh, that's weird. I'll look into it after Halloween.

@Everyone: I received a PM about a problem someone is having. Has anyone experienced something like this?:
Has anyone else complained about levels disappearing? I have had a few levels that used to have content be completely cleaned out. all that is left is the folders so if you start the level you just end up in void. i can't figure out what would have deleted the data files. is it a bug with ks or maybe ks+? it only happens on my laptop so maybe there is some kind of conflict. (or it could just be that my ancient laptop sucks). thanks again for all you do.

Offline Pie_Sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 20, 2015, 03:43:01 »
Never had a problem with levels disappearing, but I've noticed that sometimes uninstalling a level deletes all of the data but leaves behind the empty folder. The level will show up in the list with no title and no author, just empty parentheses. I've seen it in the original KS as well as KS+. Always assumed it was related to a file handle not being closed somewhere, but I don't know how to reproduce it reliably.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #814 on: October 21, 2015, 03:00:15 »
I find it odd that the level can be launched. There should be an error message. I just remembered something. If you cheat-save in KS+, then load the level in KS, you'll be in the wrong spot. Normal saves point to a specific tile, but cheat-saves point to a specific pixel. So, if you cheat-save at pixel x500y200, original KS will start you 500 tiles to the left and 200 tiles down. That would put you in the wrong room altogether, most likely a void.

So if you're cheating in KS+ and want to switch to original KS to finish a level, be sure to save with a legitimate save spot first.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #815 on: January 06, 2016, 11:07:57 »
It seems this mod is very succesfull. It is well done and has a lot of useful features.
Think the most of people use it instead of original KS, not just to play KS+ levels, but also for the original ones.
On the Nifflas homepage, there is link to rrc2soft's website with DS homebrew version.
I think there could be a link to egomassive's website to download KS+. What do you think about it?

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 11, 2016, 17:10:00 »
While i can't comfirm the "levels disappearing" bug. I just found out KS+ is able to run levels without anything on them instad of running the "level does not exist" handler from regular KS. You might find relevant that in such cases the game will create a world ini just to set the "new level" tag to 0.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #817 on: January 19, 2016, 11:45:14 »
While i can't comfirm the "levels disappearing" bug. I just found out KS+ is able to run levels without anything on them instad of running the "level does not exist" handler from regular KS. You might find relevant that in such cases the game will create a world ini just to set the "new level" tag to 0.
Interesting. I'm going to consider that a low priority issue. If a big bug shows up I'll work on this and the problem Ultigonio found, but for now I'd rather be level designing.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #818 on: January 23, 2016, 03:49:26 »
Not sure if this exists already, but I'd really appreciate it if you added a Shift object that covered the entire screen. That would help me with my current project.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #819 on: January 24, 2016, 06:46:48 »
Not sure if this exists already, but I'd really appreciate it if you added a Shift object that covered the entire screen. That would help me with my current project.
Good idea. It probably wont happen though. The Shift subroutine is already super complex. Tinkering in that code is a frightening prospect.

Bug Report: I noticed that Area-Ambiance is still malfunctioning. With multiple instances the volume is based on the last one made rather than the closest one. :( Looks like I'll be digging back into the code soon to fix this and the minor issues some of you have found.

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 26, 2016, 06:17:03 »
Small feature request as long as you're looking back into that - would it be possible to implement a different version of the 15:22 switch, with different versions of the orange block and white walls to match?  My thought is that it may be nice to have multiple switches that control totally different sets of blocks (press orange switch, clear orange blocks, press green switch, clear green blocks) to enforce even more tiered level design within a single screen.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #821 on: January 26, 2016, 06:24:59 »
@Ultigonio: Wow, another good idea! This one would be pretty simple to implement too. Only problem is there's already a green button. Not sure which colors are still up for grabs.

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 27, 2016, 06:39:38 »
Cyan, perhaps?  It is orange's complement, after all.  Red blocks would likely be difficult to distinguish at-a-glance from the pink, disappearing ones, yellow may work but could be a bit too tough to tell apart from the orange, purple, similar issue to red.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #823 on: February 01, 2016, 22:13:28 »
Bug Report: I just discovered that 3 fields are missing in the World tab of the editor, version 1.0.4. I added a button to enable hologram limiting. I probably moved the fields out of the way and forgot to move them back. Oops.

I'm also experiencing crashes when calling up the preview window with the space bar. It doesn't happen very often, but be sure to save often if you are using it.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #824 on: February 02, 2016, 14:54:33 »
Has something happened to single pass render? I'm getting flashes when entering rooms (specifically, in Exploring the Golden Land).