egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod

• 1097 Replies

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod
« Reply #585 on: November 08, 2013, 12:43:28 »
Your suggestion for the self-dropper is a good one. I didn't want players to be able to collect it and die at the same time.
That indeed doesn't look very good (with toast and a spiky rat). I can change it to make only player die.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #586 on: November 08, 2013, 18:18:46 »
It looks like we're going to make some more changes, but you can get KS+ 1.0.5 which fixes a graphical error on a golden creature.

@ Grayface: I played around with the gold Toast. I like how it kills you when you collect it. It's like a face-palm moment, where players say to themselves, "How stupid of me?" I probably wanted the gold Self-dropper to behave like the gold Eater, aka: Chomper, which can't be dangerous.

I'm going to say that the Self-dropper should be able to kill as it falls, and players should not be able to collect a golden creature upon death. For uniformity the Toast and spiky rat should should probably be adjusted too. I'll appreciate your help in this, Grayface.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #587 on: November 08, 2013, 20:50:21 »
What I meant is that toast should kill without getting collected.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 08, 2013, 21:33:59 »
NB: The golden toast in 'For Egomassive' has something to say on this subject, assuming you can read it quickly enough.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #589 on: November 08, 2013, 22:21:24 »
Yes, I read it. :)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #590 on: November 09, 2013, 02:40:50 »
NB: The golden toast in 'For Egomassive' has something to say on this subject, assuming you can read it quickly enough.

Fortunately, I feel that the message still works even if KS+ is updated so that the toast doesn't disappear.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #591 on: November 09, 2013, 15:19:11 »
What I meant is that toast should kill without getting collected.
I agree.

I hadn't noticed. It supports my hypothesis that it's funny when you die by collecting a golden creature, but I still think the Toast should survive.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #592 on: November 10, 2013, 14:57:12 »
Ah, I see. Maybe we could have a little vote about it.

Offline willxinc

• Will 'XCS'
    • View Profile
    • Self Hosted Site (On Rarely)
« Reply #593 on: November 11, 2013, 03:03:33 »
I still think the Toast should survive.

^that right there is the best comment ever.
Also, by not being able to collect certain creatures though, doesn't that brake certain doors?

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 11, 2013, 17:03:19 »
The creatures can still be picked up if you have the hologram. Secret Agent Juni Super Sneaky Mode.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #595 on: November 13, 2013, 08:44:56 »
Here's a version with dropper killing Juni and the other 2 not getting collected when they kill: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44735333/ks/KS%2B.rar

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 30, 2013, 18:36:41 »
Hello! I've been messing around with this a bit, mainly looking at the improvements to the editor, and I like this mod a lot.

However, I unfortunately have a small bug to report! In the editor, when I click away from the editor window and then open it again, the mousewheel functionality on the numbers no longer works. At all. It works before I unfocus the window and then focus it again, but not after. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm running Windows 7 with admin privileges, in case it matters.
grao!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #597 on: December 31, 2013, 01:28:27 »
... In the editor, when I click away from the editor window and then open it again, the mousewheel functionality on the numbers no longer works. At all. It works before I unfocus the window and then focus it again, but not after. ...
This is what happens when you program with a touch pad. Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty editing the editor program. The Scintilla extension is crashing it. As soon as I fix that, I'll fix this bug and the others that I know of. *gives star for bug report*

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 31, 2013, 02:20:24 »
Alright! Thanks for that. Everything else seems to be working perfectly.

I sorta wish there were more KS+ levels so I could utilize the mod better.
grao!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #599 on: January 01, 2014, 00:09:00 »
I can finally work on the editor mod again thanks to Nivram (see image.) I haven't ranted about MMF2 in a while. They probably just sold a ton of copies of their product through the Humble Bundle, and the website where you go to get all the resources it needs to do anything useful is totally broken (and has been for quite some time.) Thankfully a product user attached the latest version of the Scintilla object on the support forum. I can't register and thank him there because you get banned for saying nasty things about their nasty product, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't restrain myself. So, thanks Nivram. Have a symbolic .

In other news, I'll be fixing the bugs in the editor. I've got an idea to let designers designate which music tracks should loop. Then, you wouldn't need to use an ambiance track for looping songs. I'll also be taking a look at the World.ini issue that makes levels like Define load slowly.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 00:12:25 by egomassive »