Saria from Indie Mega-Love Bundle - Does not start?

• 8 Replies

Offline Rhyok

• View Profile
Saria from Indie Mega-Love Bundle - Does not start?
« on: September 17, 2010, 09:53:07 »
Hey guys,

Just bought Saria on the Indie Mega-Love bundle. Downloaded and installed it. The attached screen is what shows up (dark blue screen with a shadowed-out "Load Game" button). I can tell you for a fact that Saria works on my computer (Windows XP SP3, latest software updates, Intel 945GM graphics card with latest manufacturer drivers) because I ran the demo on here a while back and everything worked fine (played until I couldn't get any further, haha).

Anyone know what's going on? How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Rhyok

Re: Saria from Indie Mega-Love Bundle - Does not start?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 12:00:26 »
Did you get a serial number? If so, try entering that into the demo that works.

Offline Rhyok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 16:45:50 »
I didn't get a serial number. As far as I can tell, there is no way to enter it in the game as well. Is there any way to pull it from the game?

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 18:28:02 »
Yes, I suppose there should be an executable in the game folder called Settings.exe. There, where it says "Game Mode", click in "Full Game" and it should show you who it's been licensed to as well as the serial.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 18:30:55 »
I'm surprised you got no serial. I have to check if that actually happened with all the orders.

Offline Rhyok

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 21:32:37 »
Hi Nifflas,

Thanks for being so involved with your game... this is why I will always try my best to support indie developers: they actually care about their customers.

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I hope this isn't a software issue :/, but we'll see I guess.

-----

Just an update for everyone: here's a notification that's at the top of my download page now:

"Saira Players: Serial codes to unlock the full version will be made available here soon."

Looks like all the issues have been resolved. Now just waiting on that serial key.

Offline Rhyok

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 00:28:24 »
Hey guys. Got my code and downloading the game from Nifflas himself. It works now, but I'm getting some very strange graphical glitches.

Everything is completely transparent and blue, so I'm guessing this is my computer. Attached is a screenshot. I circled Saria. Everything moves alright.

It's strange because I played through the entire demo before... I'm not sure if this was caused by the updates to the game or what.

Is there anything I can do to tweek the graphical settings?

Offline Rhyok

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 00:30:52 »
Gah, sorry. Never mind. Game works fine in full screen, just glitches out in windowed mode.

Looks like I can play now :D

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 13:30:22 »
I'm glad everything worked out! I'm sorry about the inconvenience with the serials, but it's fixed now! I'm surprised about the graphical glitches, I've never heard about that problem before. I'm glad it works in full screen though, so you can play the game!