[challenge/hard/medium]The Dying Core

• 64 Replies

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
Re: [challenge/hard/medium]The Dying Core
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 13:35:00 »
Wow, Who knew hosting a KS Level Competition can lead to this. Based on the information you have been giving us lately, I am thinking this level will be awesome. Keep up the hard work :)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 15:30:22 »
@Headgrinder: I'm not doing pixel art cutscenes yet, maybe someday. The canvas is too big, I'd never finish. But, you're right about me being systematic. Sometimes I use a calculator to draw pictures.

@PeppyHare4000: Thanks. To think I thought I'd finish this by the competition's deadline. I do get carried away sometimes.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 13:15:13 »
I'm surprised this hasn't been released yet, given how close to completion it seemed. May I ask if anything specific is delaying it?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 17:01:07 »
Sorry, I keep getting distracted. I've been putting most of my KS effort into tilesets for DJ Gopher. I don't want to hold him back by not getting my part done. It's nearly done.

Offline powderj

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 08:43:28 »
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EM- How's this going?  You're one of the best left in the KS world!!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 23:42:26 »
Well, 1 of 3 cutscenes are finished. Once they're all complete, I have to track down Ultigonio, my musician. I have decided to cut some corners with the cutscenes. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'd never be done.

Here's a little update on my Knytt Stories (KS) activity. Since finishing the tilesets I was making for DJ Gopher's level, I've spent most of my time quietly working on a KS mod. I've been borrowing Multimedia Fusion, the software KS was made on, and my access to that is coming to a close with the school year. I have also worked on tilesets for my big forthcoming level, code name: TToK. TToK will now be made for my KS mod. The Dying Core recived some attention in March, when I completed the 1st cutscene. Though, I've been tempted, I have not begun work on any other levels. Meaning, The Dying Core will soon have my undivided attention when I'm Knytting. Afterwards, I plan to take a turn on the round robin level, Tundra Trek, which I made tilesets for.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 21:13:52 »
Thanks for the total ks update, ego.  I'd really like to know, is ks your main game making hobby or do you have activity in other areas too?

Offline powderj

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 22:18:13 »
Thanks for the update!  Hope I didn't seem pushy by asking, I'm a big fan of your levels.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 01:32:03 »
@ Headgrinder: I am working on my own game, but I'm not willing to talk about it yet.

@ powderj: A little pushiness would be understandable. I should have completed this level a long time ago. I must warn you not to expect too much. It isn't meant to be as good as my other levels.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 10:31:38 »
Having tested it, I would say that for what it is, it's more or less as good as his other levels.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 17:21:30 »
TToK

Let the wild guesses begin! Twelve Tales of Knytt?

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 18:22:14 »
The Town of Knyttville!
The Tower of K!
Tiny Talk of Kyntt!
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 02:45:39 »
Good news! Ultigonio said he's been working on the music and should finish soon.

Let the wild guesses begin! ...
We've been getting a little off topic here. It would be fun to see what you guys think TToK means, but that could get out of control. I know I haven't made a preview topic for TToK, so there is no proper place to discuss it. Therefore, I'll create a preview thread for TToK right after I release The Dying Core. Until then, ponder this: the last word isn't Knytt.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 23:32:24 »
The Tower of Kings!
The Tragedy of Khazakhstan!
Toasted Tuba on Ketchup!
Television, Tractors or Kindling!

Also, hooray! Glad the music is happening and this level is able to progress with some vague certainty again!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 23:42:21 by Talps »

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 06:47:41 »
The Theory of Knowledge?

I actually have a class CALLED Theory of Knowledge; everyone just calls it ToK, though.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud