Dynamic Achievements

• 30 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Dynamic Achievements
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 19:09:55 »
How can you possibly win Knytt Experiment?
And this looks awesome, just a shame I've completed far too little of Nifflas' games to have an achievement bar boasting about it aha.

Proper descriptions for each item for each game is something I will probably add in a later stage.

Technically you cannot win Knytt Experiment, but if you don't check the win flag, it will not process the other items either. For that reason, if you play Knytt Experiment, then you may consider that a win. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 16:38:28 »
One thing I think should be added is something that shows the Knytt Stories levels you've completed, or at least the number of levels you completed. Well, I guess you can use that as your score... :/ But nobody'll know what it is, so...

I now declare that one of the scores for Knytt Stories is the number of levels you completed.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

4a

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 16:40:49 »
One thing I think should be added is something that shows the Knytt Stories levels you've completed, or at least the number of levels you completed. Well, I guess you can use that as your score... :/ But nobody'll know what it is, so...

I now declare that one of the scores for Knytt Stories is the number of levels you completed.

...I kinda think that won't work so well. You could play a level that's like three screens and another that's like 2000 screens and they'd both be the same idea here? Also there are levels that don't have endings, like the playground levels.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 16:42:44 »

...I kinda think that won't work so well. You could play a level that's like three screens and another that's like 2000 screens and they'd both be the same idea here? Also there are levels that don't have endings, like the playground levels.
True.

I now declare that the 1st score is the number of small levels, the 2nd number is the number of medium levels, the 3rd number is the number of large levels. :3

4a

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 16:43:59 »

True.

I now declare that the 1st score is the number of small levels, the 2nd number is the number of medium levels, the 3rd number is the number of large levels. :3

No consideration for the actual difficulty of those levels?

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 17:07:03 »
"Small", "medium", and "large" are all relative. A level maker can tag their level with whatever size they want, regardless of actual size, and many (most?) levels do not have size tags at all. The difficulty, too, is subjective. And level genre. You'd need a three-dimensional graph to sort out all the different possibilities.

KS levels simply are not standardized (and can not be standardized) to a degree where some score incorporating multiple levels would be meaningful.
good bye

4a

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 17:09:42 »
"Small", "medium", and "large" are all relative. A level maker can tag their level with whatever size they want, regardless of actual size, and many (most?) levels do not have size tags at all. The difficulty, too, is subjective. And level genre. You'd need a three-dimensional graph to sort out all the different possibilities.

KS levels simply are not standardized (and can not be standardized) to a degree where some score incorporating multiple levels would be meaningful.

...unleesssss... some Knytt Stories expert came along and played every single level and graded them somehow on size and difficulty.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 17:13:05 »

...unleesssss... some Knytt Stories expert came along and played every single level and graded them somehow on size and difficulty.

An expert whose appointment and results were accepted unanimously by the community. :D
good bye

4a

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 17:15:11 »

An expert whose appointment and results were accepted unanimously by the community. :D

It could happen! Nifflas is practically worshipped here, if he had the time people would probably go by his judgment. ._.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 17:55:45 »
Gah! Look what I started! .-.

Anyway, I'm just saying. We should change the KS one so we can keep track of how many games we completed.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 23:31:51 »
I've added The Mushroom Engine as game to the list. Since this game isn't inserted at the end of the row images, I'm forced to make everyone redo their image code. Just click on the image, and look after the last few games.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 01:25:27 »
By the way, LPChip, why did you add that before EDGE?
(Just like in the board index.)

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 09:12:21 »
By the way, LPChip, why did you add that before EDGE?
(Just like in the board index.)

Nifflas added it to the board before EDGE because I assume that he made this alot earlier than EDGE, but never released it as it has been released now. The order of the games is of when they were made.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 14:04:59 »
IMO it makes more sense to sort them by relese date. :P
Not that it makes much difference. xD

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 14:36:25 »
I'll ask Nifflas when he's on. Changing is not so much of a problem. :)

MODPlug Central Forum