What about Project Q?

• 4 Replies
What about Project Q?
« on: August 30, 2010, 17:31:24 »
If i recall correctly, this game was known as Project Q before its release. In case Project Q really existed, i have a few questions:

1. Is it the bird game everyone keeps talking about? [Answered by PONTO]
1½. If not, then what IS Project Q? [Doesn't need to be answered]
2. What happened to it? [Unanswered]
3. Why is it called Project Q? [Probably answered by DJ Gopher]
4. If it isn't the Saira we know, will it be this unannounced game everyone keeps talking about? [Answered by PONTO]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 17:08:18 by StraightFlame »

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
Re: What about Project Q?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 19:53:35 »
Im pretty sure project Q was code name for saira.
Saira was going to be bird game but was replaced with a human character, apparently the bird sprites may be used in the future.
Bird game is not being worked on to my knowledge..

Its supposed to be confusing  ;)

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 22:48:02 »
The bird game, Project Q and Saira are all the same game. The game was never officially called Bird Game, we just gave it that name because at first Nifflas hinted that it involved a bird. In the meantime, the bird character was dropped, but Nifflas included a reference to the prototype in Saira and, as Dj Gopher mentioned, kept the sprites to use in the future.

I often speculate to myself that the Bird was associated with the flight powerup, but it is just a guess.

I think the only question that remains to be answered is, in fact, why the name Project Q.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 23:15:01 »
I guess it's similar to how WaDF's codename was #Modarchive Story 3, or how Knytt Stories' codename was NotKnytt.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 01:12:26 »
If i remember correctly, Just when you are going to the menu (By holding Esc i think?) A screen flash with the words "Project Q" in it.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.