About KS Level Submissions

• 31 Replies
Re: About KS Level Submissions
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 22:40:39 »
I have a question... why did we even do this? What was the point?...Not that I have anything against  it, just curious.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 22:56:34 »
I have a question... why did we even do this? What was the point?...Not that I have anything against  it, just curious.

Can you clarify this? What do you mean by "why did we even do this?" Who did do what exactly?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 04:05:32 »
I think mathe expert meant why did we (as in you/other admins) decide to move the 3rd party levels "board" to an external site

(which was what I was going to ask XD)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 07:17:26 »
 :/ I don't really think this move was neccesary. I mean, what was wrong with the old way we did things? And will this be for betas, too?
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 12:29:38 »
Basically, the forum limits us to add features like search/filters/ratings/show levels by user x/etc. By moving it externally, we can finally add this functionality.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 12:32:12 »
As long as there is a link on this page it should be just like before, except with greater functionality.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 12:35:43 »
Ofcource!

In fact, if you have a user here, you can log into the KnyttLevels.com too, and if you want to register at KnyttLevels.com, It'll redirect to the registration page here.

And a link will be made in the forums so it will appear to be a forum, but it'll redirect to KnyttLevels.com

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 23:42:07 »
Perhaps instead of a rating function, there could be a "favorite" function? With ratings, people can hit the 1 star on every level and bring down the ratings, possibly even throwing some new levels off the list of potential playthroughs, even if the level is perfectly fine. However, you could judge the popularity of a level by looking at how many times it has been favorited.

I agree with this post, except that I think it should be a kudos system. If you like a level you give it one kudos. If you REALLY like a level, you give it two. If you don't like a level you leave a comment saying why and don't kudos it. That way there is no way a level can be "sniped".
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 17:03:25 »
I'm going to build a new voting system that isn't like anything you've seen yet. (perhaps there are similaritites to existing ones, but I have a pretty good idea on how this'll be done.)

But I want to ask you: please save the suggestions till it has been made public, because your suggestion most likelly already is on my to-do list.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 18:24:02 »
I'm going to build a new voting system that isn't like anything you've seen yet. (perhaps there are similaritites to existing ones, but I have a pretty good idea on how this'll be done.)

Can't wait! C)
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 18:39:00 »
I know I'm a bit late, but do you think you can somehow integrate the :hiddenstars into the rating system - like if the level has been favourited a lot, then it gets a :hiddenstar.

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 14:14:31 »
I know I'm a bit late, but do you think you can somehow integrate the :hiddenstars into the rating system - like if the level has been favourited a lot, then it gets a :hiddenstar.

But I want to ask you: please save the suggestions till it has been made public, because your suggestion most likelly already is on my to-do list.

'nough said   :O

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
KSLA - suggestion
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 09:50:18 »
Will be on new vesion of KS Archive uploading bar?
(It will be very useful, because when you uploading a level 50 MB and you don't know when it will be done...)

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 10:06:08 »
It should do, been trying to get an ajax uploader thingy to work for a bit now, it works apart from checking the level validity right. ;)
It's a different matter how it'll be integrateable to LPC's reworked system. :)
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 14:17:41 »
It should do, been trying to get an ajax uploader thingy to work for a bit now, it works apart from checking the level validity right. ;)
It's a different matter how it'll be integrateable to LPC's reworked system. :)

J, I will script it in such way that you won't have much trouble implementing it. But since its javascript mostly, Editing the template files will probably be enough. X)

MODPlug Central Forum