[Challenge/Puzzle]Legend of Gardon

• 57 Replies

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: [Undecided]Legend of Gardon
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 23:12:45 »
maybe this post is a little helpful about how a good approach would be:
I believe limanjs16 (or James16) managed to get approval from Moby to use music in a level.

And for non-profit projects (small or big) if you ask politely (grab their email from the official site) they'll often grant authorization. Send them a link to download KS for themselves, so they can see what game their music is going to, tell them that you want to use one of their tunes in a level that you're designing to release to the community (maybe even send them a draft of the level) and ask for permission to use the music, and chances are it'll work.

Don't think that because their face is on the cover of "Rolling Stones" that they're untouchable and not interested. (although due to the sheer mass of emails that they recieve, it may take some time, and sometimes they'll not respond, or say no).

So what your saying is I send them an email saying politly if I could use the theme in my Non profit level and then send a trailer of it? What if they don't have Knytt stories though Paula? And if they do take it, should I just include the part with the music or the whole level? And to keep this thread shorter as it is a preview, Please may you Pm me the details.

And thank you Paula. :)

Ps:Thanks to you too Pumkinbot, You have been a great help. ;)
Thanks, but what's there to be worried about? The worst they could say is no. :/
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline NintendoMaster

• Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 23:49:00 »
I can't seem to Locate their email anywhere on these game cases. I don't want to end up sending an email to some random person with a similer email address so may you please post me their email address? I would certainly appreciate it. :)

Queen and Led Zeppelin fan forever!

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 23:50:46 »
*sigh* Okay. *looks around for Nintendo game*

EDIT: Well, I couldn't find a Nintendo game, but, after about a minute on Nintendo's website, I found a webform to fill out that'll be e-mailed to them.

EDIT2: @ new avatar: But cucoos are mindless killing machines!  :ohnoes:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 23:57:11 by Pumpkinbot »

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 00:04:35 »
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4601/nintendosheet.png

How is that for a slice of persuasion? Nahh... X) but seriously, Is that ok?

And yes, I've fixed that spelling error on "Prodit" to profit :p
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 00:06:15 by NintendoMaster »

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 00:11:47 »

Yes, but make sure to use as perfect grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc as possible, because this needs to be professional. And I'd also add a link to download the game itself, too, because they might not know where to download the game.

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 00:20:07 »

Yes, but make sure to use as perfect grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc as possible, because this needs to be professional. And I'd also add a link to download the game itself, too, because they might not know where to download the game.

I havn't quite released the level yet though... What should I do there then? Send a link of just the area, their song is used in like a teaser? And By the way. Cucco's For the win! >:}

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 00:21:02 »

I havn't quite released the level yet though... What should I do there then? Send a link of just the area, their song is used in like a teaser? And By the way. Cucco's For the win! >:}
No, to download Knytt Stories itself. :P And I'd also link to this thread if I were you.

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 00:33:25 »
Thank you so much for all the help. I've sent it, All spell checked. ;)

Want to be friends then? :)

And by the way.

The beta is going to be avaliable extremly soon now. First my beta testers will need to test and help improve it. :)

And I need to hear from Nintendo first wether I have permission, So the level may need a few days. The easter holiday shall give me plenty of time anyway now :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 00:37:32 by NintendoMaster »

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 00:37:11 »
Thank you so much for all the help. I've sent it, All spell checked. ;)

Want to be friends then? :)

And by the way.

The beta is going to be avaliable extremly soon now. First my beta testers will need to test and help improve it. :)
Cool, sure (but most of the time, friendships kinda go without saying. X)), and cool, but I'm kinda procrastinating on my level, and beta testing yours would be another excuse to procrstinate. :sigh:

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 11:13:27 »
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4601/nintendosheet.png

I think that would mean they Rejected it? I'm not too sure, could somebody verify please :|

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 20:49:49 »
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4601/nintendosheet.png

I think that would mean they Rejected it? I'm not too sure, could somebody verify please :|
*reads* Hmm...This is Nintendo of America, a division of Nintendo.Not the official headquarters. I think it's saying that NOA doesn't have the authority to give you permission, but if you ask Nintendo headquarters in Japan, they can grant you permission...I think... :/

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 21:16:02 »
NoA is the headquarters of Nintendo in America. There's no reason Nintendo in Japan would give permission if NoA wouldn't, and they'd likely redirect any English inquiries to Nintendo of America.
good bye

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 21:19:05 »
NoA is the headquarters of Nintendo in America. There's no reason Nintendo in Japan would give permission if NoA wouldn't, and they'd likely redirect any English inquiries to Nintendo of America.
...wut? XD Then I have no idea why they don't have the authority to let him use that song.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 21:54:38 »
...wut? XD Then I have no idea why they don't have the authority to let him use that song.

Who said they didn't? That reply just says that Nintendo properties are so popular that they get constant requests for permission for their use, and that because they get so many, they can't possibly reasonably examine each one and give permission based on what it's for. So, they just reject requests, and suggest that it might be possible for you to use some of their property under fair use depending on where you live.
good bye

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 21:57:55 »

Who said they didn't? That reply just says that Nintendo properties are so popular that they get constant requests for permission for their use, and that because they get so many, they can't possibly reasonably examine each one and give permission based on what it's for. So, they just reject requests, and suggest that it might be possible for you to use some of their property under fair use depending on where you live.
Ah, thank you. NintendoMaster, listen to this man! X)