Offline Aquatic liger

• Meow, Meow, purr!
    • View Profile
Re: [Undecided]Legend of Gardon
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 23:29:00 »
I will Betatest  :)

The giant fly screen-shot it funny.

Offline NintendoMaster

• Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 23:37:08 »
Ok, thank you Liger :) Anyway, I still have 2 spaces left for beta testing the level if anybody wants to test this level.

The beta should be available pretty soon as well.

If anybody wants to beta test or even recommend ideas please send a pm or replie in this thread saying so. :)

Queen and Led Zeppelin fan forever!

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 23:55:54 »
I'd be very happy to beta test. :)

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 00:10:32 »
Check out the first post then too see the Beta testers. :)

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 18:19:17 »
a fern isn't a bush OR a tree. ferns don't have a vascular system, which means they can't move oxygen through their stems to their leaves... thanks botany 2100! (i'm a bio major ya'll) :crazy:

You lost me at the start XD

I'l try and think of a better, more understandable name then. :)

Ok the name is now, The legend of Gardon.

Refer to the first post for details.

How about "plant".

And can the level be named The Legend of Gordon? The name and plot sound very suspiciously like The Legend of Zelda (your avatar and username don't help either). Is that intentional?
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 18:58:06 »
And can the level be named The Legend of Gordon?
Gardon, not Gordon. :P
grao!

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 19:32:05 »
a fern isn't a bush OR a tree. ferns don't have a vascular system, which means they can't move oxygen through their stems to their leaves... thanks botany 2100! (i'm a bio major ya'll) :crazy:

You lost me at the start XD

I'l try and think of a better, more understandable name then. :)

Ok the name is now, The legend of Gardon.

Refer to the first post for details.

How about "plant".

And can the level be named The Legend of Gordon? The name and plot sound very suspiciously like The Legend of Zelda (your avatar and username don't help either). Is that intentional?

I like the current name to be honest. I wasn't intending to base it off zelda at all and although I do admit its rather suspicous, Its not intentional. I swear   ;)

There is also possibly a Zelda theme somewhere in the level but only because I think this song adds the perfect atmosphere to that certain area. :)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 22:01:20 »
There is also possibly a Zelda theme somewhere in the level but only because I think this song adds the perfect atmosphere to that certain area. :)
Do you have permission from Nintendo to use it? Because I bet that the LoZ theme is copyrighted. :/ All it takes is an e-mail. And remember to include that the level is free to play.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 22:03:49 »
Would you please lend me Nintendos email?

I don't want to cause an issue with anyone. I'm sure Nintendo shall understand, Especialy since it is a free Game. :)

Anyway. Pm the email of Nintendo to me and in return you can be the final Beta tester, You seem to have taken an interest in this level. ;)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 22:09:44 »

I don't want to cause an issue with anyone. I'm sure Nintendo shall understand, Especialy since it is a free Game. :)

Anyway. Pm the email of Nintendo to me and in return you can be the final Beta tester, You seem to have taken an interest in this level. ;)
Well, I'd ask a mod first everything you need to include in the e-mail. And, while I do like the looks of this, I'm kinda busy with a level of my own, and I don't want to take up the last beta-tester spot. :oops:  It would feel like I bribed you.

EDIT: You can find Nintendo's e-mail on the instruction book of every Nintendo game.

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 22:26:17 »

Well, I'd ask a mod first everything you need to include in the e-mail. And, while I do like the looks of this, I'm kinda busy with a level of my own, and I don't want to take up the last beta-tester spot. :oops:  It would feel like I bribed you.

EDIT: You can find Nintendo's e-mail on the instruction book of every Nintendo game.

Ok then, I understand. :) And by the way, Once I email them, What should I say to them? (I'm feeling nervous :D)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 22:50:20 »

Ok then, I understand. :) And by the way, Once I email them, What should I say to them? (I'm feeling nervous :D)

I dunno. Ask a mod (Or, better yet, Nifflas. :U). Or, if it was me, I would go to Newgrounds or somewhere and find a LoZ Remix and ask them if I could use it. Newgrounds has a policy (probably) about illegal content, so they would most likely take down all of the illegal content, which includes copyright infringment. But, that's just me.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 23:03:16 »
maybe this post is a little helpful about how a good approach would be:
I believe limanjs16 (or James16) managed to get approval from Moby to use music in a level.

And for non-profit projects (small or big) if you ask politely (grab their email from the official site) they'll often grant authorization. Send them a link to download KS for themselves, so they can see what game their music is going to, tell them that you want to use one of their tunes in a level that you're designing to release to the community (maybe even send them a draft of the level) and ask for permission to use the music, and chances are it'll work.

Don't think that because their face is on the cover of "Rolling Stones" that they're untouchable and not interested. (although due to the sheer mass of emails that they recieve, it may take some time, and sometimes they'll not respond, or say no).
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 23:07:47 »
The Helpful AdminTM strikes again! :crazy: Well, I guess that could come in handy for me, too, if I need to use copyrighted music.

...Or, someone can send that to the guy that sings "What is Love?" so we can post DEtM here. C)

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 23:09:10 »
maybe this post is a little helpful about how a good approach would be:
I believe limanjs16 (or James16) managed to get approval from Moby to use music in a level.

And for non-profit projects (small or big) if you ask politely (grab their email from the official site) they'll often grant authorization. Send them a link to download KS for themselves, so they can see what game their music is going to, tell them that you want to use one of their tunes in a level that you're designing to release to the community (maybe even send them a draft of the level) and ask for permission to use the music, and chances are it'll work.

Don't think that because their face is on the cover of "Rolling Stones" that they're untouchable and not interested. (although due to the sheer mass of emails that they recieve, it may take some time, and sometimes they'll not respond, or say no).

So what your saying is I send them an email saying politly if I could use the theme in my Non profit level and then send a trailer of it? What if they don't have Knytt stories though Paula? And if they do take it, should I just include the part with the music or the whole level? And to keep this thread shorter as it is a preview, Please may you Pm me the details.

And thank you Paula. :)

Ps:Thanks to you too Pumkinbot, You have been a great help. ;)