The hèck is wrong with the [big spoiler]?

• 12 Replies
The hèck is wrong with the [big spoiler]?
« on: August 20, 2010, 11:09:48 »
Hi. The name's StraightFlame. But you aready knew that. My fifth problem in this game so far is a bit different. I don't need any coins (except for the legendary 26th, but that's another story...) but the problem is a bug/glitch/error/my crappy computer:

I am in the
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
and i can't see a thing except for the boxes. Is that supposed to happen, or is something wrong? If something is wrong, is what i gave ya enough information to tell me what is wrong/how to fix it/both? If you need a screenshot, i'll attach it to this post. I blanked out the area name and amount of coins in it using the MSPaint spray tool so it won't spoil.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:11:46 by StraightFlame »

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Re: The hèck is wrong with the [big spoiler]?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:14:06 »
do you have in your finck/fire nuclear crocodile killer/decoration a file called
?
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:42:35 »
Do you use the latest release? Nifflas added this area in the official release, not in the pre-release. Or something like that.

I would suggest to download the newest version directly to a separate install, copy your savefile over and try again.

Do note, due to a small difference between different FiNCK builds, it is possible to recollect a coin, and thus there could be 27 coins.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 17:34:45 »
Um... I have non-portable version...

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 00:10:17 »
Unlike in the rest of the game, the background is a large image in that level. Perhaps your graphics card doesn't accept texture sizes that large? I didn't actually consider this might happen, so perhaps I need to release an update if this turns out to be the problem.

Since I can't reproduce it, perhaps you can try making the image file smaller, to see if you can get it to display? If that fixes it, I'll know for sure what the problem is.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 23:43:55 »
Um... I have non-portable version...
perhaps you can try making the image file smaller, to see if you can get it to display?
Do you have any idea what i mean with non-portable?

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 00:08:35 »
Um....Do explain what you mean, and how it relates to the size of image. Nifflas (and everyone else) is trying to help you. Make the image smaller to see if that works, if it doesn't, then you'll have to come to a different alternative. As far as I know, the portable version and the normal versions are the same thing, just they store settings/stuff elsewhere. It has nothing to do with what Nifflas is asking you to do, which is make the background picture smaller in size, so that maybe your card would display it. I don't see why it being the 'non-portable' version matters in this case...

So please enlighten me (and others, I'm sure) if I don't quite understand what you mean by 'non-portable'.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 00:49:10 »
Do you have any idea what i mean with non-portable?
BloxMaster is right here, the portable and non-portable builds are identical apart from where it stores settings! I can't reproduce it on my own machine, so I'd appreciate if you want to test this so I'll know how to fix it!

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 10:32:03 »
'nother question: Where does the image go if i haz non-portable version?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 15:55:09 »
It's most likely in c:\program files\nifflas\finck\game\fire nuclear crocodile killer\decoration\crayon finck.png

In case you're on a 64-bit OS, I think it appears within program files (x64) instead.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 17:13:20 »
In case you're on a 64-bit OS, I think it appears within program files (x64) instead.

On a 64bit os, you do not have an (x64) version of the program files directory. Its named Program Files. You do have an x86 version, and its most likely there.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 23:16:24 »

On a 64bit os, you do not have an (x64) version of the program files directory. Its named Program Files. You do have an x86 version, and its most likely there.
Aaw, I got the numbers wrong X) I meant 86, not 64. This is embarrasing.

I was under the impression that on 64-bit versions of Windows, 32-bit programs go into "Program Files (x86)" while native 64-bit programs go into "Program Files".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 23:19:06 by Nifflas »

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 00:06:06 »
I was under the impression that on 64-bit versions of Windows, 32-bit programs go into "Program Files (x86)" while native 64-bit programs go into "Program Files".
Yes, that is the case, but you didn't wrote it right in your first post. :)

MODPlug Central Forum