Unannounced game discussion thread.

• 23 Replies

Offline Grookie

• View Profile
Re: Unannounced game discussion thread.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 17:21:59 »
I read, that the new game may be about Saira´s sister (she had the car crash, remember?)
 Here: Released Games / Saira / Re: Consider me a bit dissapointed.
(posted 28. 8. 2010)

Quote from: Dataflashsabot on August 27, 2010, 22:13:43
Perhaps you could make it so the episode selector is only shown if additional episodes are available?

Nifflas: It's better if I find a way to explain it on the website than in the game. I just need to come up with a text that can't be misunderstood. Feel free to make suggestions!

It's a nice idea to let the community continue the story (if that is what will indeed happen) but the best ending almost feels like a cliffhanger.
Nifflas: Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Actually, I have this big idea about multiple timelines and dimensions that affect the world all my games take place in. Each game tells a small portion of this, and the idea is that when I've created enough games you can sort of piece the stories together to see everything in a bigger perspective. By this reason, I might not conclude a story in a way that solves all the presented problems, and I might not even create a successor that continues where the previous story left off. The type of thing I'd more likely do would be to use a character from one game as a NPC in another game, and make some dialogue about that hint about what happened after or before. Right now I'm actually more interested in creating a game about Saira's sister who crashed that car, than creating a story about if Saira and Bobo got home. Unfortunately for those who don't like not knowing what happened after, this is just how I want to develop my games.

In other words, I won't really "fix" the cliffhanger type of things going on, but I realize I'll have to be better at explaing what people get when they purchase something.

although it seems that the actual discussion/controversy or whatever is not really actual anymore, I'd like to link up an article that concerns this topic at least peripherically: More in the Bottle - The dubious value of game length (on ArsTechnica)
yaaay
Nifflas: That's some interesting reading! Thanks for the link!
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
Spoiler: Archievements (click to show/hide)

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 20:37:52 »
I think he meant that as an example of how he prefers to create a different story with hints about that plot than a sequel. In fact, if it were the case that Nifflas is actually working on such game, I highly doubt he would reveal that information that way.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 22:00:41 »
I agree with PONTO...I don't think that's the game he's working on at all. He even stated quiet clearly that "I'm actually more interested in creating a game" which to me, at least, means he isn't actually working on the game, but he had it in mind... Additionally the way that part is worded and the fact that it was well after the posted song kinda indicates that it's not related. He wouldn't be interested in creating a game if he already had started creating it.

As for the rest of the discussion, I honestly am not going to bother guessing what he has in mind, since it's pretty useless to try to guess it. It could be anything, and until we have more information there isn't much to talk about, either...so...

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 00:21:06 »
I'm with you on that thing about guessing what the game is about. There is nothing to discuss yet so people spam anything that comes to their minds, which is boring.

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 17:42:44 »
*ignores PONTO*

Maybe it is... Project Q!

...y'know, the game that is now another game called Saira for some reason?
Maybe Nick will remake it.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 22:32:35 »

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 00:00:05 »

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 17:26:56 »
I highly doubt that he's making some kind of Bird Game, at any rate. It's become enough of a meme by now that actually making it would be less interesting than letting us speculate about what it would be like if he made it. :3

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 01:09:10 »
I still want more GTF. It would be cool if he could incorporate one of his earliest games into the whole multiple timelines thing. That way every one of his games would have something to do with it.

Nifflas + Games almost always equals Time Shenanigans.  :nuts:

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!