[Small] Psychadelica - pLox

• 11 Replies

Offline pLox

• View Profile
[Small] Psychadelica - pLox
« on: September 27, 2010, 21:13:00 »
Hey! Since there's not many levels being released here on the forum at the time, I thought I'd throw something together and put up, just for the heck of it. :)
So here's a very small level I made called "Psychadelica" - Tilesets and Custom Objects all made by me.

Download it. Try it. Comment if you like. ;)

Link: http://knyttlevels.com/levels/pLox%20-%20Psychadelica.knytt.bin

Screenie below.

Offline Whistler

• The hero of the Knytt people, Juni!
    • View Profile
Re: [Small] Psychadelica - pLox
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 22:30:35 »
Wow. Thats screenie looks amazing. I'm going to play it right now.

EDIT: Ok, at first, cool. Then its just... WHAT HAVE YOU DoNE TO MY EYES?????
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 22:36:31 by Whistler »

Offline pLox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 23:15:15 »
Wow. Thats screenie looks amazing. I'm going to play it right now.

EDIT: Ok, at first, cool. Then its just... WHAT HAVE YOU DoNE TO MY EYES?????

Haha! Didn't see that coming, did ya? ;) Yeah, it wasn't really any huge serious project. ( allthough it did take alot of time to make :P ) Kinda inspired by "Don't eat the mushroom" I guess.
This map was more like a .. "while we are waiting for the bigger levels to be released" kind of thing ;)
Im glad you enjoyed some of it atleast :)

Offline Whistler

• The hero of the Knytt people, Juni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 23:49:47 »
Yeah, that was unexpected. Now I see why there is only one screenshot. I played it like 5 times already. Now I'm going to have my friend play it and see what she says.

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 01:18:37 »
Ooh, looks impressing. I'm gonna go play it right now.

Edit: I won, but then it just looped back to the start again. :sad:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 01:26:17 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 05:24:21 »
I just want to say, I hate you forever.

Okay no not really, but still.  What I found extremely enraging with this level is that, even if I held right to get past the first three chomps, there was no guarantee that I would get past all of them.  The whole element of randomness made this just impossible for me.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 14:52:01 »
OUCH! You should've specified that what looks like a playful homage to DEtM is actually a Very Hard level that just doesn't end :crazy:

Offline pLox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 18:23:41 »
Haha! I was expecting these kind of comments  X-P

Yeah, that was unexpected. Now I see why there is only one screenshot. I played it like 5 times already. Now I'm going to have my friend play it and see what she says.

You played it 5 times? haha! I didn't think people would be able to stand it much more than once ;) but hey, I guess you liked it! :P I'd love to hear what your friend thought of it ;)

Ooh, looks impressing. I'm gonna go play it right now.

Edit: I won, but then it just looped back to the start again. :sad:

haha, yeah that was the point. It was supposed to be a little ... trippy ;)

I just want to say, I hate you forever.

Okay no not really, but still.  What I found extremely enraging with this level is that, even if I held right to get past the first three chomps, there was no guarantee that I would get past all of them.  The whole element of randomness made this just impossible for me.

I sure hope that you don't hate me forever.  X) and yes, it does get pretty hard. Maybe you should try a different approach though, quickly run under the chomp and then back, making it fall to the ground. and keep on doing that with all the way. Or just do what you did and hope that you make it ;)

OUCH! You should've specified that what looks like a playful homage to DEtM is actually a Very Hard level that just doesn't end :crazy:

Haha, that would just ruin the surprise ;)!

Offline E.T

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 18:27:41 »
I just finished playing this, and i thought it was ... pretty cool :P The tilesets were really neat, allthough i did get pretty surprised when the tripping began  :crazy:

But all in all, a cool and fun level :P nice.

Offline pLox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 18:28:51 »
I just finished playing this, and i thought it was ... pretty cool :P The tilesets were really neat, allthough i did get pretty surprised when the tripping began  :crazy:

But all in all, a cool and fun level :P nice.

Hehe, well, thank you! :D I did work hard on that tileset ;) I'm glad you liked it :D

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 01:57:58 »
Hold right for the first three and then hit a and stop right before the fourth one. That's how I did it. Got past the first one 50% of the time, the other two after that 99% of the time.
Lurk more.

Offline pLox

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 23:04:04 »
Hold right for the first three and then hit a and stop right before the fourth one. That's how I did it. Got past the first one 50% of the time, the other two after that 99% of the time.

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good strategy right there, PP ;)