Just Another Level Competition [POSTPONED]

• 4 Replies

Offline Whistler

• The hero of the Knytt people, Juni!
    • View Profile
Just Another Level Competition [POSTPONED]
« on: July 26, 2010, 02:27:43 »
***This competition is postponed until further notice.***

I would like to host a competition. The theme is SCENIC/Hard. I know that it can be hard to make levels with no enemies and still be hard, and that;s exactly why I'm doing it!!! :nuts: You can use custom tilesets and music. And here's the catch: You must use a Nurykabe tileset in at least 1 room. Now it gets tricky. I will be here to judge and test them and posting updates on which one I'm playing. I will judge them on August 12, maybe later. The "Prize" is the gift of winning.  :P. And you get a special userbar-ish thing for your sig.

EDIT
: Changed Environmental to scenic. Using one of Nurykabe's tilesets just means you have to use it. It doesn't matter how, if its in the background or not, just find a way to.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 21:37:27 by Whistler »

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: Just Another Level Competition
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 08:11:49 »
I don't quite think it'd be a good idea to do such a thing. Environmentals are about taking a walk in the park, seeing what there is to see, and be generally easy. How can an Environmental be hard? There's not supposed to be a challenge.

Also, what counts as "using" a Nurykabe tileset? Can I just part of it for the background or everything has to be Nurykabe's?

Needs moar thought out. Then it might be better. :D
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 20:53:55 »
I know that it can be hard to make levels with no enemies and still be hard
Hehe, yeah right.

Anyway, we've already got a level competition thread here. Why don't you wait for the current contest to finish and then propose your idea.
Lurk more.

Offline Whistler

• The hero of the Knytt people, Juni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 21:38:27 »
I don't quite think it'd be a good idea to do such a thing. Environmentals are about taking a walk in the park, seeing what there is to see, and be generally easy. How can an Environmental be hard? There's not supposed to be a challenge.

Also, what counts as "using" a Nurykabe tileset? Can I just part of it for the background or everything has to be Nurykabe's?

Needs moar thought out. Then it might be better. :D

Environmentals can have things like mazes and puzzles thought right? As long as they aren't to challenging.

Re: Just Another Level Competition [POSTPONED]
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 22:21:12 »
Apply whichever of the provided tags you think apply to your level, and remember that you can have two. It's perfectly possible for a level with challenges and such to be focused on the environment. LPChip will tell you otherwise, but he likes to be pointlessly strict about such things. Sometimes people label their levels as 'scenic' to get around this, but you can't filter by that, so don't.