Secret project - now complete!

• 8 Replies
Secret project - now complete!
« on: July 22, 2010, 01:51:19 »
In the following post, super-scripted numbers refer to attachments:

As many of you already know (and many don't) for the past couple months I have been running a secret project. (See this thread) The whole idea behind the project was to cut up a tileset template2 into five different pieces and give each one to someone. Those five people would then create one fifth of the tileset and at the end I would piece the five pieces together. You can see the way the tileset was cut up below3. The level designers each created a level with the template I gave them, the same template as the tilesetters. Just now I pieced together the finished tileset and placed it into the three levels. You may download them below.

I think the greatest hurdle was getting people to understand what I was talking about. No one was used to making partial tiles, and one level designer didn't quite understand what I meant about a certain tile. In the end pumpkin bailed, so green.cookie took his place. But, whatever. It was all good and fun and interesting to see how it turned out. So now, without further ado, I present Healy's "Strange Valley"1, rrc2soft's "rrc2sicret"4, and Pick Yer Poison's "Rock Bottom", both with graphics by grimwit, BloxMaster, egomassive, stiggits, and green.cookie.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 21:43:42 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline TheDarkOne

• Darkness...
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Account
Re: Secret project - now complete!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 02:39:42 »
OH THATS WHAT YOU WHERE WORKING ON

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:45:13 »
...and where is my level?  ;)
(If I am the "one level designer didn't quite understand what I meant about a certain tile" and need to change the level, just tell me)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:47:09 by rrc2soft »

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 20:02:17 »
...and where is my level?  ;)
Gah! I keep forgetting you emailed me the level. Everyone else used PMs. I'll get it up soon enough.
Lurk more.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 00:58:49 »
Awesome, this is finally done! :D I'll go look at my level again, now that it has a tileset.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 09:48:40 »
I'll get it up soon enough.

Got it  :) Thanks!  :D
(The final tileset is quite nice... although I think I need to fix my level a bit...  X) )

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 23:07:45 »
Okay... that project resulted in a *very* odd tileset, with some nearly unusable tiles, but for all its problems, I also find it strangely appealing. Extremely appealing, even. The same goes for the levels - especially Healy's, which has some really... oddly lovely screens. I'd love to see more of that particular surreal landscape, in fact.

The things I like best about this tileset are the plants. Is the tileset public, btw?

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 00:12:20 »
The things I like best about this tileset are the plants. Is the tileset public, btw?
If you want to use the tileset or any parts of the tileset, you must first seek permission from all people who took part in the creation of that part. Naturally, to use the whole tileset, you must have permission from all five.
NOTE: If one person makes their part public, you needn't seek their permission to use it.

I was so sure I put something to that effect in the first post. Guess not.
Lurk more.

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 01:10:20 »
Aww.. I was thinking about wether or not to join this project, now I wish that I had :oops:
Nice idea! *downloading*
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island