[Environmental/Challenge] Elegance

• 64 Replies

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
Re: [Environmental/Challenge] Elegance
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 08:53:31 »
That is one great screen. Looks complete alien. Just the perfect kind of green, raining and free from life. But those curves does it all  :)

I think the houses in your previous screens are very nice. They just don't fit very well with the tileset. Perhaps if you reduce the brightness of it.

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 11:01:03 »
This looks good, particularly the more 'organic' screenshots (using your Elegance tileset).

Zydragazum

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 18:57:46 »
Terribly sorry about this little hiatus I went on! Life has been extremely busy, and I've been focusing a lot on getting some academics out of the way in advance for the approaching school year, which starts in a little under three weeks! X)

Fear not - this project is not abandoned. I have not been working on it as much, but I do not intend to leave it. As my friend said, "How've you failed? Just work on it later." I guess this is the attitude one should generally keep when leading a busy life.

Now for a change of screenshots. I know I've been spoiling you guys a little too much, but I don't want interest in this project to die down completely. Although you guys do get really demanding. X-P

This tileset in particular still needs a lot of work. It's a lot harder than it looks.

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 00:09:55 »
Okay, those ruins look awesome. Can I become your eternal slave for the rest of my puny mortal life? I'll cook for you and wash your socks!

Also, it seems you're gonna break Hmpf's record in posting too many screenshots.  :P2

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 01:05:47 »
That looks really fantastic.  I sure hate spikes though.  Spikes ruin otherwise good levels for me.

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 01:07:22 »
This level is shaping up to look really pretty. I particularly love that green screen you posted! I'll sure be playing this if/when it's released! C)
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Zydragazum

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 21:07:51 »
Thanks, guys. That's much better feedback than I expected.

No spoilers this time, for obvious reasons. I've given too much. C)

However, I just want to let you know that I've finished writing the plot. It's still in alpha mode, but I've got the general idea established. Furthermore, two custom tilesets are now 100% finished. :^^: Currently, there are 9 other planned tilesets. :o
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:06:46 by Zydragazum »

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 10:23:52 »
When i read you have "creativity issues" as you put them in the first post, i thought fair enough.
then i saw you screens.... if they aren't considered as 'creative' ... i just..  :shocked: what is the world i live in?

The screens are brilliant, wonderfull, amazing, gorgeous and the list goes on and on... and on... and on...
seriously thier just ... wow :awsum:
goodluck for you and for your level and all the best for you once more! C)p
Cheers! & Peace!

Zydragazum

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 19:37:17 »
Thank you, Strange Darkness.

I've decided to return to working on the Little Knytt Village tileset as that had not been received too well. :P Looking back at it, it wasn't a very... "mature" tileset.

I have posted a screenshot with a new take on the village, color-wise. Also note that I decided to create my own variation of Nifflas' NotDesert tileset, just for the sake of putting in more custom content, and for the sake of not re-using a very common tileset.

I have mainly changed the colors of the homes. The lights are still bright yellow, however, and I am not 100% sure whether I will make that more pale or not. There are two mountainous elements, strong green and light green, as well as a cave element, which you see featured at the waterfall.

I have not yet implemented any flora. I will do that later. Enjoy!

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 11:28:03 »
What happend here? Awesome screenshots, sympathic level publisher but the whole thing died cause of...? Are you still working on this? Would be a shame if not!
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 13:30:27 »
Ditto.  I wish the knyttforums had a way of keeping track of people who leave without return.  A tiny little malware that pings us a persons e-mail maybe?  I know, that might be unethical, but I'm sure tired of loosing good work.

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 14:40:25 »
To unetical I don't tink that this would be rigt.

But I tink it's not fair to present your wip to the community, to get critics and help and stuff just to disappear after a while.
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Zydragazum

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2011, 00:04:10 »
Hello.

I have not abandoned anything! Please don't say I did. I've been having a lot of trouble with school lately - I'm not failing or anything, I'm just trying to do well. I recently started working on the level again, and I will have to admit that things are going very slowly. I'm getting the feeling I'm putting too much attention into details right now, and that they should be left for later. But one must take advantage of that sense of creativity and the rush of emotion - the level would not come out as well if I didn't immerse myself in each zone, one at a time.

I'm afraid of publishing another screen-shot in fear of doing what people criticize Hmpf for. I really don't think she should get too much criticism concerning her level is about 400 screens now? Perhaps even more. I, on the other hand, have a little over 50. It sounds low, I know. I'm quite sorry. So far, I've completed one zone.

In terms of level design, there will be about 13-15 zones, each having a different size (i.e. small/medium/large), and I am hoping that everything will top out at 350 screens or so.

Again, quite sorry about this, but I have abandoned nothing! And I won't. I was just feeling that people had lost interest and I didn't have enough material to constitute any meaningful posts.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2011, 00:54:45 »
Ah good!  If your still around you have nothing to apologize for, not size, not the time your taking, not anything.  RL is RL.  We're just people you don't know on the internet who hope to experience a community of creativity.  (I suppose I should say I, not we, since I can't speak for everyone, but I think it is usually true.) 

Just keep it up and do what you think is best!