Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
[Action] Starfall: Alyssa's Adventure
« on: July 16, 2010, 21:36:02 »
Type:
Action

Description:
"Starfall: Alyssa's Adventure is a third-person platformer, where you play as Alyssa on a mission to return fallen stars to the sky. Along the way, she gains three powerful abilities: a mid-air jump, the ability to create a platform below her, and a powerful dash. Alyssa must use her newfound abilities to traverse obstacles to reach her goal atop a treacherous tower."
This game is very similar in feel to Nifflas's games, with a beautiful, serene, yet not entirely friendly world. The main difference is that it's 3D. If you like the atmosphere of Niff games, then I heartily recommend you try this out. If you don't like them, then try it out anyway.  XD

Spoiler: Screenshots: (click to show/hide)

Download:
https://www.digipen.edu/?id=1170&proj=18595

Offline pippy

• View Profile
Re: [Action] Starfall: Alyssa's Adventure
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 10:31:55 »
Sadly I couldn't run this game in parallels.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 21:31:02 »
]If you like the atmosphere of Niff games, then I heartily recommend you try this out. If you don't like them, then try it out anyway.  XD
More like "If you don't like them [Niff games atmosphere], then wtf are you doing here?!"

I might try it, but I'm always wary of 3D games on my computer 'cause it's not the strongest when it comes to graphics...
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 22:10:08 »
On my laptop (Core 2 T5500, GeForce Go 7300, SVista) it runs too slow to be enjoyable. I also don't normally use a mouse, which makes it harder for me to play WASD+pointer games in general. I gave up, which is too bad because it might have been interesting; it's got a sort of Mario 64 feel to it and a nice atmosphere. I can't comment on the controls, but I'm a bit let down by the applications of the physics engine, i.e. the stuff randomly falling and rolling on the ground, which don't feel right, at least as far as I could play (maybe they improve further on). I also wonder why they bothered making power-ups when you get all of them at the very start.

That said, it certainly is ambitious for a freeware game.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone