[Psychological/Environmental] A Long Walk

• 54 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [Short/undefined] Wild World
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 05:53:55 »
It's not abandoned. It's just being reworked a bit, and the new title has yet to be decided. DJ Gopher and I have PMed quite a bit this year about the tilesets I was making for this level. I think DJ isn't making new announcements because he wants to work out all the details first, making sure anything he says is accurate, and because he doesn't want to spoil anything more. I've been sworn to secrecy on my last tilesets, but I'll tell you this much: I'm proud of my work.

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 03:16:38 »
Pretty much  :^^:
Sorry guys.. I haven't updated this in a long while, but that doesn't mean the level is gone!
I've been a little cramped with time, but with spring break coming, I hope to get a lot done.
As basic as it gets, I couldn't get permission for the song the level revolved around. I changed the topic, but the same jorneys and characters exist, just for different versions and at different times.
You can just about disregard everything but the images here.
I might edit the OP in the future.. :)

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 07:12:19 »
So my hard drive crashed..
I lost everything, but I do remember the overall concept of each screen enough to recreate them rather quickly..
Once I get a new computer I'll get working on that..
Sorry guys.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com

Semeurim

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 19:58:28 »
So I got linked to this, thought I'd give it a bump.

Hope everything goes well, Gopher; it seems like this will be a great level if/WHEN it's finished. I've got confidence. :3

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 23:24:57 »
So I got linked to this, thought I'd give it a bump.

Hope everything goes well, Gopher; it seems like this will be a great level if/WHEN it's finished. I've got confidence. :3
Haha, thanks!
So.. I was a bit daunted by the whole 'entire project disappeared' experience, but I've been playing around here and there with rebuilding the level. Mostly all I've done so far is rebuild screens that I had screencaps of, but I'm hoping to get this back up to speed. :)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 16:31:10 »
Wow, love the trees man.

Thanks. I made most of those tiles. I started out making a complimentary set to Fredrik Andersson's Thin Forest, but eventually his set was completely renovated to meet DJ Gopher's vision. I can't wait to see this level completed. I put a lot of work into it's tilesets, and I want to see what he makes with them.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2012, 19:26:48 »
Long bump, but I wanted to know if this is still in development. How are things going?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 04:43:13 »
DJ Gopher messaged me in May. He said,
I finally ported windows 7 onto my mac and have been playing around with the level a bit. Though it's nowhere near completion, I think I'll finish it over the summer.

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2012, 10:15:09 »
Long bump, but I wanted to know if this is still in development. How are things going?
Yes and no-
As I was rebuilding what I could remember and redesigning what I couldn't, I decided to change the storyline to give myself a fresh interest in making the level.
It's got a bit more of a story focus than it used to, but it'll feature the same areas built with the same lovely tilesets egomassive made. So, take that as you will :P
I think I'll also release a small proof-of-concept-type beta in the near future for anyone who is interested.

thanks for the continued interest guys :)
(would have responded sooner but I was on safari in Tanzania without internet)

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
Re: [Psychological/Environmental] A Long Walk
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 04:06:31 »
Okay!
I toyed with the OP a bit, and.. a bit of a bump <3
Also things are coming along nicely, I don't want to make promises as I'm going through the whole college application process, but I think I'll be done fairly soon..
I know I've been saying that since late 2010, but I think it's true this time :3
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:25:54 by Dj Gopher »

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: [Psychological/Environmental] A Long Walk
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 20:59:14 »
I live in hope.