The Grass'stone tileset

• 8 Replies

Offline Grookie

• View Profile
The Grass'stone tileset
« on: July 07, 2010, 16:59:36 »
Here is my new tileset, called "Grass'stone tileset". I am very proud of it, because it has got more complicated pattern  C) (I am NOT saying it is perfect). It is created to be public, so I will be glad for using (I donīt say I will not create any).

Please, post your meanings here, thanks. ;)
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
Spoiler: Archievements (click to show/hide)

Re: The Grass'stone tileset
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 21:11:08 »
I like it. The patter is all rough-like.
Lurk more.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 23:21:51 »
Very nice tileset here, but I'd love to see a few, I don't know, pebbles, rocks or something. You know, something other than vegetation?  :oops:

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 23:32:54 »
Far better than your other tilesets.  The pattern is indeed very nice, though I'm not sure it really fits with natural grassy ground.  The flowers are also very well done.

It could really use more than one grass tile for each orientation, however, and some rocks and trees would be nice.  Also, the background may be slightly too bright and/or saturated.

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 01:04:02 »
very nice pattern, but do not really fit into grass-themed tiles. I do not know why, but I feel it would be perfect for creating tileset with ruins of temple located in deep forest (Something like that)

Offline Grookie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 11:02:02 »
I think, that the stones are more difficult (it takes more time, I think), I will try.

About the temple:
When I created the Grass'stone tileset, I found the pattern, which is below. It looked more "templeous", so I deleted it (very difficult to remember how it was) C)p. So, below is preview - with good reaction from you, I will create the rest ;).
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
Spoiler: Archievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 14:03:17 »
Ah, ok, you might keep the tan color in the set just for contrast.  It really is a kind of Celtic ancient stone look though, which I think would go fine with grass IF you've got the prerequisite stones around.  A few tiles that transition from the greet to tan (as if they are being covered by moss or something) would be cool.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 19:48:06 »
Good pattern, bad colors; that tan is too pale.