[Challenge][Misc][Lunatic] Exquisite Knorpse 2

• 22 Replies

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: [Challenge][Misc][Lunatic] Exquisite Knorpse 2
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 16:05:45 »
Pssst... there's an Exquisite Knorpse 3 beta out...

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 15:03:29 »
Ho, cool! I've now finished Knorpse 1 and Saltwater too.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 19:48:03 »
I've finished EK3, almost without cheating. Well, at first I thought it was strange that after very good first 2 installments of EK came this nonsense (to say the least), but the reasons are simple:
Quote from: Friday
Q: What the fuck this game so linear
A: Yep. Newbie's idea, actually, not mine. Personally I prefer linear games. Oh, there's a few nooks and crannies here and there to explore, but by and large you'll be heading down a straight path. If that bothers you for some reason, I suggest loading up Super Metroid and sequence breaking the shit out of it instead or whatever.
Q: Why is so much of the content created by you?
A: Believe me, I didn't want to. I had plenty of work to do just with my original area. (The Abyss and Finale.) As it turned out, I took it upon myself to finish this up. We didn't have a lot of people to help. Bongo also helped out a lot, filling in areas I needed. Romosome did a lot of work on the game as well, though he never drew a single picture or designed a single screen.
I'm sure he's also the one who made that broken area in EK2.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 20:00:58 by GrayFace »

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 19:39:33 »
Has anyone beaten the eye boss (Death) in this? I have reliable strategies for the first three rooms but I barely ever make it to the fifth room (I am bad at clearing the second laser) so I have no strategy at all for that; my strategy for room four is nowhere near as good as the others. I've spent 75-90 minutes on this, which is somewhat offputting given that I mostly play Lunatic levels: I'd say this section is a solid Very Lunatic bordering on SecretGlitch.

There's a way to cheat your way through, but that's the only video I can find of the boss; nobody on Youtube has beaten it legitimately.
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 20:14:18 »
I suppose not. It's just broken. I used cheat-save (Space+Down in KS Ex and KS+) to do it.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 05:11:28 »
I've finished EK3, almost without cheating. Well, at first I thought it was strange that after very good first 2 installments of EK came this nonsense (to say the least), but the reasons are simple:
Q: What the fuck this game so linear
A: Yep. Newbie's idea, actually, not mine. Personally I prefer linear games. Oh, there's a few nooks and crannies here and there to explore, but by and large you'll be heading down a straight path. If that bothers you for some reason, I suggest loading up Super Metroid and sequence breaking the shit out of it instead or whatever.
Q: Why is so much of the content created by you?
A: Believe me, I didn't want to. I had plenty of work to do just with my original area. (The Abyss and Finale.) As it turned out, I took it upon myself to finish this up. We didn't have a lot of people to help. Bongo also helped out a lot, filling in areas I needed. Romosome did a lot of work on the game as well, though he never drew a single picture or designed a single screen.
I'm sure he's also the one who made that broken area in EK2.
She. Friday is a lady.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 02:07:59 »
Oyez, oyez! Hear the news!

I beat Death (the eyes and evil torches boss at the end of the Apocalypse Trail), but only by cheating. As I said above, I have reliable strategies for the first three rooms and a passable one for the fourth. I now have a reliable strategy for the last room, too, but I had to use the save-while-glowing feature of god mode to get a chance to develop one.

Strategies:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I went to the moon and got as far as the tower to the stars, but decided against going up (as there's no way back). You see, one of the scientists in the museum said that it's possible to beat the Apocalypse Trail without the hologram...

It's surprisingly easy, by which I mean "HOLY COW, when did I get this good at KS?" I breezed through Pestilence and half of War. (Still can't make progress in Dark Sea II.) I'll update you all if I get further (because you're on the edges of your seats, I'm sure). Anyone willing to take on the challenge?

In news of interest to people who don't enjoy Lunatic difficulty, this level inspired me to write a story about Juni. (Aaagh, the plot bunnies, how they plague me!) It's mostly finished, but I've been stuck on the last bit for months. I'll put it in the Development Showcase board when it's done.

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 20:33:13 »
Note to moderators: there's nothing in the rules about double-posting and in this case I think it aids readability.

I've finished War and all but the last two screens of Death! Here are some guides to rooms made much harder by not using the hologram:

x1021y993, the War room with twelve fireball-spewing torches.

x1032y993, the Death room with the many ghost fliers.

There is an invisible save point in x1036y996. Use it.

x1051y996, the Death room with the updraught and the many round blue enemies.

E.T.A.:

x1054y993, the Death room with twenty-four fireball torches.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 21:05:36 by Chrysophylax »