[Normal][Maze/Puzzle] Castle Escape

• 17 Replies

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: [Normal][Maze/Puzzle] Castle Escape
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 16:11:26 »
Oh man, you should go with the wolfenstien thing dude.  I use to make levels for wolfenstien with an editor some body made.  Great times, my first game making experience back in the early 90s. 

I would suggest trying to get a retro feel then. 

Good times indeed! :) Loved that game, and loved searching the levels for secrets and treasure (that's where the idea for the treasure hunt came from), but I didn't start making custom stuff until Doom came. Then I went nuts with level editors.

I want to build a tileset that has that "VGA 256 color" feel of Wolf3D's wall textures and sprites. I'll see if I can give it an extra "retro" touch. Maybe I'll put a few hidden easter eggs on the level :P

Definitely looks better. The old vase had weird and flat shading, while the shading on this looks more naturalistic.

Thanks for your input :)
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: [Normal][Maze/Puzzle] Castle Escape
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 00:03:11 »
I'd say it's about 70% completed. I took a break when I decided to participate in egomassive's level competition, and then I had to stop working on it again because of my final exams... but I plan to finish it in July.

I still have a problem, though. Originally I was planning on using a few fan-made versions of some tracks from the Wolfenstein 3D OST, but I don't think I'd be able to release the level on this forum if I used those, so I'm searching for an alternative soundtrack... something that feels mysterious and suspenseful :P

Thanks for asking :D
Some KS levels by me: