[Small][Hard] Monsters!

• 11 Replies
[Small][Hard] Monsters!
« on: June 25, 2010, 21:56:46 »
Note: I'm Spanish, so my English is not so perfect xD

Well, here it is! My first level!
It's a bit simple, but I thinks it's ok (Anyway, you can make suggestions =D). I hope you like it!
It has a normal ending and a secret ending! x3

If you have any questions, just ask to me and I will reply ^^
And if I made any mistake, on the level or in the post, please tell me and I will correct it as fast as I can.

Good luck!

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yz02gdbmtqm

EDIT 1: Folowing some advices, I've corrected the level. They are not important changes, but it would be better like this ^^

EDIT 2: Credits! ^^U I've put them in the main screen, but I put them here too x3
Tilesets by: Nifflas, Elder
Music by: Nurykabe, dfast
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 23:42:19 by Zoerith »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [Small][Hard] Monsters!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 23:41:44 »
Not a bad level. Pretty good for a first effort. I was worried at first when I saw how many monsters you were using on each screen, but skill was the main factor rather than luck. Save point spacing was good. Graphics were plain but sensible. Cutscenes, the icon, and the info screen were all there! I only played for fun and I didn't run into any swimming or voiding.

This is important, you need to credit the graphics and music. It's one of Nifflas' rules. I looked them up for you.

You could add them to your info screen.

Again, its a nice little level. Its very nice for a first effort.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 00:47:10 »
I was worried at first when I saw how many monsters you were using on each screen, but skill was the main factor rather than luck.

I had the same thought at the start (screens with a lot of monsters tend to create situations where the player has to rely on luck rather than skill, and it becomes frustrating quickly), but egomassive's right. It's a fun level. It is also very polished (no void screens/wall-swims, cutscenes, etc). Graphics are a bit simple (there are a few screens that feel a bit empty), but they're OK. You did very good on your first try :D

Enhorabuena por la publicación de tu primer nivel. Esperamos ver pronto tus futuros trabajos :)
Some KS levels by me:

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 01:00:16 »
This is important, you need to credit the graphics and music. It's one of Nifflas' rules. I looked them up for you.

Music, too? Where does it say that?
Lurk more.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 01:49:14 »
It says to give music credit here. Scroll down to where it says, "Giving Credits"

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 08:33:36 »
It says to give music credit here. Scroll down to where it says, "Giving Credits"
Aye aye aye. And I thought that I finally named the tileset creators in every single one of my levels, only to find that now I must go back and credit the music as well. :(
Lurk more.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 17:49:32 »
Not a bad level. Pretty good for a first effort. I was worried at first when I saw how many monsters you were using on each screen, but skill was the main factor rather than luck. Save point spacing was good. Graphics were plain but sensible. Cutscenes, the icon, and the info screen were all there! I only played for fun and I didn't run into any swimming or voiding.

Again, its a nice little level. Its very nice for a first effort.

Thanks ^^
Yep, that's the intention xD I'm glad you liked it ^^

Spoiler: Answer (click to show/hide)

Oh, I didn't notice that. Thank you, I'll put the credits in a moment ^^
Thanks!

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 18:06:37 »
I was worried at first when I saw how many monsters you were using on each screen, but skill was the main factor rather than luck.

I had the same thought at the start (screens with a lot of monsters tend to create situations where the player has to rely on luck rather than skill, and it becomes frustrating quickly), but egomassive's right. It's a fun level. It is also very polished (no void screens/wall-swims, cutscenes, etc). Graphics are a bit simple (there are a few screens that feel a bit empty), but they're OK. You did very good on your first try :D

Enhorabuena por la publicación de tu primer nivel. Esperamos ver pronto tus futuros trabajos :)

I know, some levels are too hard and that's very annoying. I tried to make it well-balanced to don't make it that heavy, and it seems it's good x3
Thanks x3 I'll try to make my second level this summer, with a different story, and with the same difficult but longer.
Gracias! ^^

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 03:16:07 »
Spoiler: changes I'd make (click to show/hide)

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 22:36:57 »
Spoiler: changes I'd make (click to show/hide)

Thanks! I've made the changes ^^

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 04:55:53 »
I wouldn't say "epic." I can't imagine someone running into those voids unless they were trying to break the game.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 21:44:21 »
I wouldn't say "epic." I can't imagine someone running into those voids unless they were trying to break the game.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)