NightSky for Windows

• 16 Replies

Offline Jumper

• View Profile
NightSky for Windows
« on: June 20, 2010, 19:41:35 »
I post this topic because I saw a trailer that game is only for Wii. I'm very good in Adobe Flash and BOX2D ( Not an expert, but quite good ), so I came up with idea to port this game for Microsoft Windows. Because Flash has support for many OSes ( and some consoles ), game can run in Linux also . So what you say abouit that ? Nifflas, is this a good idea ? :)

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Re: NightSky for Windows
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 19:58:26 »
While no doubt many people, me included, would be happy to play NG on their computers, it's just not happening. Nifflas said so several times. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, just telling you the sad truth. :(

Still, maybe he'll change his mind and take you up on this offer. I don't think this will happen, though.

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 20:03:52 »
The PC version already existed, it's just not going to be released, but rather ported to the Wii and sold exclusively as a Wiiware title. Capitalism sucks. :(

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 20:27:55 »
To Yukabacera and PONTO, he is actually proposing to re-create the game in flash.

Nifflas indeed has started to make this for PC, but due to license issues abandoned it. I don't think Nifflas would be against a look-a-like for the PC, but I don't know what their license agreement says.

It might be that Nicalis will try to sue you for doing this though, but I guess Nifflas can answer this question best.

So Nifflas, do you think Nicalis would mind a fan-like game using flash for any OS's?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Jumper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 20:57:44 »
Maybe you are right. Well, we need to wait for Nifflas's answer. I'm very good in Flash animation and BOX2D physics, and it will be too bad that NightSky is only for Wii. It will be good to be release for other platforms :)

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 23:04:17 »
For now I'd recommend a 'no' at the most, at the least a 'wait'. There's already one clone released on iPhone, wouldn't do any good for another clone for other platforms to come out before the game itself. :P

It'd be better if you put that effort into a new game of your own, don't you agree? ;)
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline Jumper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 00:33:32 »
Well, actualy, I wanted to create a ball game of my own. And I'll do it :) Moderators, you can freely lock this topic ! :)

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 20:18:06 »
Nifflas indeed has started to make this for PC, but due to license issues abandoned it.
I thought he finished it completely for PC and Nicalis is porting the finished product.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 22:41:16 »
Nifflas indeed has started to make this for PC, but due to license issues abandoned it.
I thought he finished it completely for PC and Nicalis is porting the finished product.

It wasn't finished as a 1.0 ready to release product, but it was indeed pretty far. Engine made, most levels too, graphics too, that sort of stuff.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 23:28:24 »
Heh, so that'd mean the second clone gets out before the original game. Now NS is the game people will think is the clone (and for good reason too I suppose). I shouldn't really comment about it, but I was really hoping things would happen quicker. Of all the people who's waiting for this game release, remember that I'm the one who awaits it the most. I spent a full year on it after all.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 13:41:34 by Nifflas »

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 13:54:06 »
The problem is that you started publishing footage too early for the release schedule. You couldn't have guessed this would happen, though... :S

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 22:05:33 »
Well back then it was supposed to be released what like a year ago.
o__  o

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 00:42:14 »
NICALiS isn't the best at keeping on schedule *cough*Cave Story*cough*
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 13:31:04 »
The problem is that you started publishing footage too early for the release schedule. You couldn't have guessed this would happen, though... :S
Well, nobody honestly thought it was that early when the trailer was releases. It's neat though that the website is up! And remember, if you hear anyone saying NS will never be released, that's just plain incorrect.

...and in the meantime, I'll keep releasing more PC games.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 13:41:55 by Nifflas »

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 13:53:57 »
Doesn't the exclusivity expire after some years? There are games which were made platform-exclusive, but after some time (say, 5 years) got released for other platforms. For instance, after the life cycle of the wii is over, won't Nicalis (or Nifflas) be able to publish the game elsewhere?