Mysterious File Vanished Deep Within the Depths of My Computer (wine/x11 related

• 5 Replies

Offline Evil

• View Profile
I installed apophysis in my mac.

I used x11 to run wine.

But I cant find a way to open apophysis! :(

Thats the problem, I cant find the apophysis files :|
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 20:01:43 by Evil »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Ok so, .......
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 18:53:06 »
What happened to our rule about topic titles?

Don't post topics with nondescript titles. Topics with titles like "Help!" or "I have a noob question..." are often pretty useless. When you have a problem, give as much information about it as you can, so people know what you are talking about and give it a helpful title so that people who might have a similar problem can easily find your topic via the search.

Would you mind to edit your post and give it a proper title?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 20:00:43 »
When I tried to run files PC on my Mac, (I got a new comp for my good schoo, grades and have W7 on it as a partition) if you configure a program app on wine correctly you should have a "Wine" folder where your user accoutn is containing all the basic windows folders like Win32 or smthn like that.

If you need a better explanation I'll try to upload a tutorial vid later but I'm going t be away for a weeks weeks starting tomorrow.
"I wander to many places, but I quest to few."

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyThumb

I leave and come back, kinda like a ghost. Hmm...

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 20:00:50 »
What happened to our rule about topic titles?

Don't post topics with nondescript titles. Topics with titles like "Help!" or "I have a noob question..." are often pretty useless. When you have a problem, give as much information about it as you can, so people know what you are talking about and give it a helpful title so that people who might have a similar problem can easily find your topic via the search.

Would you mind to edit your post and give it a proper title?

Yes, I will :) sorry :(

When I tried to run files PC on my Mac, (I got a new comp for my good schoo, grades and have W7 on it as a partition) if you configure a program app on wine correctly you should have a "Wine" folder where your user accoutn is containing all the basic windows folders like Win32 or smthn like that.

If you need a better explanation I'll try to upload a tutorial vid later but I'm going t be away for a weeks weeks starting tomorrow.

I remember the folders containing the files being hidden. I'll look in to that :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 20:02:42 by Evil »

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Ah, I found it! :D

I just unhid the files, and looked for it there. i dont know why they hide it :(

thanks! :D

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
no prob-lam-o :)
"I wander to many places, but I quest to few."

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyThumb

I leave and come back, kinda like a ghost. Hmm...