Brutally Unfair Tactics Totally OK Now

• 10 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Brutally Unfair Tactics Totally OK Now
« on: June 17, 2010, 00:11:27 »
Last time I met up with the Copenhagen Game Collective, I created the music for their new game Brutally Unfair Tactics Totally OK Now. Last time I played that game in Malmö I hurt my leg so bad that I didn't want to sit in a narrow space on a bus for 16 hours to get back to Umeå, which resulted in me going to Copenhagen to hang out with them instead (which was a lot more fun anyway). I've always searched for games that can really affect me. At least this one affected my travel plans :)

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
Re: Brutally Unfair Tactics Totally OK Now
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 00:17:35 »
this looks awesome. can't wait till its out.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 09:34:05 »
wow it looks incredibly retarded and unsane. what the fuck. You even hurt your leg very bad what if someone gets killed playing it. I can see how it could end up in a fight. Fun with these little crazy games.  :)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 14:12:45 »
Basically, one guy I was playing against was a bit too incautious, so the others of us was a bit scared of him. It all comes down to who you play the game with, if I would e.g. only play against copenhagen game collective people, I wouldn't get hurt. :)

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 18:53:49 »
So...is it just me, or can you play pretty much the exact same way using any other video game?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 19:59:47 »
Well, that will be extremely hard if you got three other players who want to follow the instructions. If you just stay by your controller they'll just physically pull you as many steps back as you're required to, and probably further behind themselves.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 20:01:47 by Nifflas »

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 20:20:23 »
Looks like it'd be a fun party game but they would seriously need some sort of "horribly unreadable tiny text" that a lawyer wrote up so that if I person trips and gouges their eye out on the corner of a table they can't be sued.

But overall this game looks fun. :)
"I wander to many places, but I quest to few."

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyThumb

I leave and come back, kinda like a ghost. Hmm...

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 02:48:05 »
Well, they got americans on the development team, so they have been thinking that. I think the best warning text should simply say "Don't play this game!" when you start it up.

And while we're on the topic, I remember this cellphone game I had before my cellphone broke. You were supposed to shoot yourself out of a cannon and hit airplanes or get hit by the lightning, and land by crashing into a cactus, cows, and oil barons. The game started out with a warning that you should not attempt the stunt for real.

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 04:57:10 »
Yeah, that's a actually a good idea, just start up the game and it says "Play at your own risk" and in a bit tinier font below it says "We're serious"
"I wander to many places, but I quest to few."

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyThumb

I leave and come back, kinda like a ghost. Hmm...

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 10:24:44 »
And while we're on the topic, I remember this cellphone game I had before my cellphone broke. You were supposed to shoot yourself out of a cannon and hit airplanes or get hit by the lightning, and land by crashing into a cactus, cows, and oil barons. The game started out with a warning that you should not attempt the stunt for real.
I remember this game, or at least a very similar one! I seem to have uninstalled it, though, and the title escapes me... I don't suppose you remember what it was?

VVV - YES! Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 23:23:20 by Dataflashsabot »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 21:04:22 »
Johnny Crash or something like that...