Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
[Action/Puzzle] Lode Runner Online
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:24:35 »
Type:
Action/Puzzle

Description:
The first computer my parents ever bought came with a spectacular computer game: Sierra's "Lode Runner: The Legend Returns". The game is based off of an older game (Lode Runner). Dig, blast, and jackhammer your way through over a hundred levels of gathering gold and avoiding the evil red "Mad Monks". Some levels keep you on your toes, others require you to stop and think for a while, if not both. Having long lost the game files, I was excited to discover "Lode Runner Online" released for free. "Lode Runner Online" is the same game, but has the additional ability for two players to play together over a network. (The game already has the ability for two players to play on the same computer.)
I find the levels innovative and intriguing, and the cutscenes are sometimes hilarious. After defeating the game and all the two-player cooperative levels, me and my brother made levels where we could try to blow each other up.
Unfortunately, the download does not come with the game music. The music added nicely to the game. So just have your mp3 player going.  ;) I used to have the original music files on a floppy disk... I wonder if it's still buried somewhere at home...

Spoiler: Screenshots: (click to show/hide)

Download:
http://www.daggert.net/Folio/Programming/Presage/LodeRunner/Loderunner1.htm
(Click the link at the top of the page. Most the rest of them don't work. The one with the music doesn't work.  :sad: )