The Messville Chronicles Ep. 2: This One Doesn't Really Have A Proper Name

• 111 Replies
When will u update, Yuka?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 20:16:57 by StraightFlame »

Still no update? C'mon Yuka! What's wrong? Why didn't you update this thing for so long?

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
Seconded, I liked this game.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Spoiler:  @StraightFlame (click to show/hide)

The guy from the 5th floor proceeds to get the following items:
  • A squirt gun
  • A soda can
  • His apartment keys
  • A strange homebrew device he was working on
  • His backpack to put everything on there
  • A pen drive
Then goes back to the lobby
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Guess what, guys? This forumgame is still alive...okay, I'm lying, it's on life support and it's being tube-fed. Real life didn't take over: I'm actually running out of ideas. I pretty much have the storyline laid out, but I fear that some time I'll run out of ideas and have to stop this game. And I wouldn't like that.

Action thyme!

Sir Leroy sits down on a nearby couch, and turns his gaze towards the TV...

The voiceover starts.

"In the last parts of MechaTec's robotics era, everyone wanted a change. From lowly cleaners to Council members, everyone thought what the company was doing was not enough. So, MechaTec started a unique project: space colonization. Deep-space probes sent out several years ago discovered Taran, and MechaTec decided this planet was a good starting point. They began liquidating their inventory: robotics were a thing of the past, and they focused on only one thing: the cutting-edge ASV Spec-"

Someone with a trickle of something called "pity" up there in the control room changes the channel to tPort.

What seems to be the credits sequence of one of the dreaded Battlebase* episodes plays, and an announcer cuts in:

"Up next on tPort, Rigel Run: Dark Star*. Following that, the evening news and station sign-off. Enjoy and good night."

Sign-off? Already? Sir Leroy looks out a nearby window, and it really is night. Hmmm. That's strange...

I don't quite understand what door Yonowaaru is referring to: the fire escape door, perhaps? It leads out to the fire escape.  :P2

Indeed, Matt eats some delicious cheese. He is not hungry anymore and has discovered how wonderful cheese actually is.

Vegetal's remark causes everyone to turn around and look at him, and he uses this opportunity to get on the balcony. He starts climbing the grotesque mutant hybrid of a stairway and a ladder, not looking back.

MEANWHILE, ON THE HELIPAD THE PILOT WAITS FOR HERBERT ARCHER AND INQUIRES ABOUT HIS ARRIVAL WITH AN UNKNOWN WOMAN WORKING AT MECHAOIL-5.

Unknown Woman: Are you sure you didn't see him?

Pilot: No! Where is he?

UW: Oh, I'm sure he'll be there soon. Just wait.

P: Okay, wait, whatever. At least I get paid for this.

By this time, Vegetal has already finished climbing the fire escape and is standing on the helipad, panting and sweating.

The pilot starts talking again:

P: Oh, nevermind, he's here now. Copter seven out.

UW: MechaOil-5 out. Don't be late.

The pilot shouts at Vegetal:

P: Mr. Archer, sir! Why'd you use the fire escape? Get in quick: looks like there's a nasty storm brewing.

The guy from 5th floor picks up all his equipment and stuffs it inside the backpack, being careful not to damage his device or shake the soda can too much. He puts on his backpack and goes down to the lobby, and finds it abandoned and completely silent except the hums of the terminal and the fluorescent tubes.

=|=

PointLezz Info™ Entries Unlocked: Rigel Run: Battlebase, Rigel Run: Dark Star
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 00:35:27 by Yukabacera »
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Eh, and I thought updating would net me some posts! :P2

=|=

Matt spends hours looking for the Sword Of Plot Advancement.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
Sir Leroy does something to advance the plot.

I honestly don't care what it is at this point. JUST MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
Bob (or what did I call myself again?) downloads a computer virus onto his blackberry and uploads it onto the nearest computer.

Offline Firecat

• View Profile
The guy from the 5th. Also trying to advance in the plot, decides to take a train to the Messville Harbor/Bay in order to Buy/Stole a Ship/Speedboat to MechaOil-5 (Considering we are talking about a petrol platform in the sea. If not he goes to the bay anyway to find a plot cuppon)
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Re: The Messville Chronicles Ep. 2: This One Doesn't Really Have A Proper Name
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2010, 22:22:30 »
Matt and Sir Leroy are advised by the fourth-wall breaking host of this game to Google search "define: patience".

Yes, it was Bob, and there are no Blackberries in this game. But there are PurpleBerries, so I guess that's what you wanted to say.

Bob transfers a virus to the nearest "computer". This "computer" is actually a status monitor for the building. The virus completely mangles the status output, showing the whole building in flames, toxic spillage in labs 78 and 25, gas leaks in B2F and B10F, rioting in the observation lounge and executive offices, and improper waste containment in the lobby. The monitor, however, is still capable of displaying text that ISN'T horribly mangled, and urges employees to "exercise protocol A-015", "ensure the safety of executives and sensitive machines and leave behind all expendable workers, easily-rebuilt machines and bank statements". A "RED ALERT" is flashing on the top of the screen, and an "EMERGENCY EVACUATION" on the bottom.

Mira chimes in. Or more appropriately, buzzes, screeches, elongates, stutters and rapidly changes pitch-es in:

"Fffffelllllow eeeeempllllloyeeeeees! Puh puh puh please e-e-e-evacuate immediate-te-te-te-tely! The BUILdING isssSSSS CooooOOONtamiN-N-n-nAtED! Muh muh muh MECHATEC wishES yo-yo-yo-YOU a-a-a puh puh pleASANT, suh suh suh SaFe ah ah ah and pro pro PRO pRo DuCTiiiiiiiVeEeEe duh duh duh DAAAY! Tuh tuh tuh ThAT iiiiiiiiis AAAAAAAAl!"

This might be a very good time to leave the tower. Who knows what AIs with soundcard glitches can do?

The guy from 5th floor rushes out the (yeah right) contaminated tower and takes the CMR to the bay. He arrives quickly, and looks around. A sign near a speedboat catches his attention:

"SPEEDBOAT CHARTER SERVICE
GETS YOU ANYWHERE YOU WANT
FAST. RELIABLE. AFFORDABLE.
ONLY 5 OF ANY CURRENCY OF
YOUR CHOICE! (WE ACCEPT
ANY KIND OF CREDITS TOO!)
FREE DRINKS"

One of MechaTec's oil platforms is not far from here. A "01" is stenciled on the side.

NOTE: I am seriously considering abandoning this game and never making a third. People aren't having fun playing it: they just want to advance and beat it as fast as possible. This was started as a harmless bit of fun, and now I'm being pressed to wrap things up as fast as possible. How about I just say YOU WON LOL and call it a day? My game, my rules, my length. If you don't like it, then don't play it. I'm not forcing you.

=|=
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 22:27:48 by Yukabacera »

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2010, 22:27:10 »
Well that is something.
Sir Leroy is satisfied!
Fourth-wall breaking host gains +7 gratitude!

Sir Leroy, hearing the alarm, starts to flip out, bouncing off random walls into off-tangent paths, eventually flying out the door. Now safe from the "disaster", he decides to head home to grab his spare jet pack. If he doesn't how up to work soon, he'll never get that promotion!
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2010, 08:04:25 »
Bob dive-bombs into the speedboat, making sure he's on it.

(Also, I'm still having fun, plot advancement is sometimes annoying but mostly nessecary, so, there ya go.. )

Offline Firecat

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2010, 22:21:51 »
The guy from the 5th floor pays the guy 5 dollars he happened to had in the previous episode to bring him to Mechaoil-09, and also drinks the free drink.

(I still enjoy this)

Matt goes to the nearest Punch Designix and punches captchalogue cards containing the following items:

Spoiler:  List of items (click to show/hide)
All of these punched cards are stored in Matt's Sylladex so they can eventually end up being involved in Weird Plot Shit.