The Messville Chronicles Ep. 2: This One Doesn't Really Have A Proper Name

• 111 Replies

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Well, obviously I don't expect to find out who's the real villain behind this just by asking someone. In fact, if someone did tamper with the elevator system, that person could be just following orders from someone else. I'm trying to collect clues, just as you said.

Oh, and...

Spoiler: @SF (click to show/hide)
Some KS levels by me:

I wouldn't do such a thing! I'm evil, but not THAT evil!

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
ODMSys speaks out to Vegetal:

Yes, yes, greetings. Whatever. I assume you want some of my data. Well, you're lucky. I'm giving it away for free today...and every other day.

You want the elevator access logs? Sure sure, here you go. Enjoy your endless streams of boring data.

Suddenly, a clipped female voice speaks out in the background:

ODMSys, dear, WHO are you talking to?

ODMSys says "Uh, gotta go!" and cuts the connection.

The screen fills up with the elevator access logs. You study them, and come upon one interesting detail: except the regular maintenance staff, a certain "ISPEZ-5" tampered with the elevator. And apparently he has top clearance. Seems like this ISPEZ-5 guy is responsible for deactivating the elevator.

=|=

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 18:41:10 by Yukabacera »
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Well, what do you know... I got some info, and I didn't even have to resort to any of my other 3 plans. Hooray for our generous AI overlords :D

Vegetal prints out that part of the log (not sure why, but hey... in the movies, they always print the stuff that's showing on the screen), stuffes the sheet of paper in his pocket and closes his terminal session. He thanks Andrea for her selfless assistance in our epic quest of justice and discovery, hoping he'll be able to repay her kind deeds in a not so distant future.

After doing a hat-off bow (ripping his trousers a little in the process... thank God for the wizard robe), he then lunges for the nearest restroom because he feels the imperious need of flushing his urine buffers.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
Can I join? I'll just make a profile and action here as to not take up more posts...

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

After entering the lobby wearing my blue buisness tux and holing my Hard Breifcase of +3 str, I question the presence of the people in the lobby.
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Since i'm in Eyrie, it is possible for me to - and my action is - go to the 91st room of the 22nd floor, where Yukabacera lives according to his profile.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Vegetal goes away to facilitate MechaTec's surprisingly clean facilities. After clearing his urine buffers, he feels much better and goes back into the lobby.

Sir Leroy finds out that the people in the lobby are a group of, well, people who got stuck in an elevator, escaped from it, and now they're trying to find out who disabled the elevator effectively trapping them in there.

Just to be safe, Matt takes the stairs up to the 22nd floor of Eyrie, and arrives in front of door 91, lavishly decorated in blue and purple tones. There is quite a prominent doorbell next to the door.

=|=

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
This one'll be a little long. Please bear with me:

Vegetal feels like a new man after holding it for so long in the elevator cabin. He swears he's going to find whoever trapped him in the elevator and thoroughly murderize him with a rusty old RS-232 dot-matrix printer.

Vegetal greets Sir Leroy and welcomes him to this place of office slavery and low salaries. Also, he tells Sir Leroy he's welcome to join the party on their crazy quest of madness if he doesn't feel like being productive on his first day on the job.

Finally, Vegetal tells the fine gentlemen to whom he's associated he has a plan of some sort, but it requires him to part ways from the group and go to a different floor. The plan involves counterfeit, poor photoshopping skills and possibly violence, among other things. Could kick ass... could be dangerous... could totally suck. Vegetal suggests everyone gives their e-mail addresses and phone number, so we can contact each other using the fancy schmancy (although slightly battered and stained, because they're recycled from previous employees) corporate PurpleBerry smartphones the company gave us, should a critical situation arise.
Some KS levels by me:

I knock on the door in front of me, hoping someone in there can give me some clues.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
I don't really know how to respond to Vegetal's action, so I'll provide him with some info instead:

MechaTec has their own phone network. Yes, it's true. It's only used for employee-to-employee communications but it's still a whole phone network. PurpleBerry phone numbers are very easy to figure out, because they're written on the back of the phones themselves. For example, if the back of a PurpleBerry reads "867-5309", the full number would be (277) 867-5309. 277 is a defunct area code for the Northern Fallopet area, which has been bought by MechaTec, and later replaced. MechaMail addresses are even simpler to figure out: if an employee's name was Levert Burtmore, his MechaMail address would be lburtmore@mechatec.vr . For executives, it's a bit different: if Burtmore was an executive, his MechaMail address would be burtmorel@mechatec.vr .

Matt knocks on the door, ignoring the prominent doorbell. A, uh, being whose whole body, with the exception of his reptilian-looking feet is covered with a suit of nanoarmor, opens the door. He starts talking to Matt:

"Hello, hello! Please, come in! Make yourself at home! But use the doorbell next time, will you?"

Seeing no other way, Matt enters the apartment's front hall. The, uh, creature starts talking again:

"Oh dear, where are my manners? My name is Yukabacera. I'm the creator of this world, and I hope you didn't come here to ask for a hint. If you just came over for a friendly visit, well, that's fine. The living room is over there--" He points at a door in the north wall. "Wait for me there, I'll get you a hot drink." He goes into what you assume is the kitchen.

=|=
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 18:05:51 by Yukabacera »

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Yeah, that action was intended to be answered by other players, to ensure we all have some way of communicating with each other when we're not in the same place. Just in case :P

According to MechaTec's e-mail address naming convention, Vegetal's address would be something like this: vrageissues@mechatec.vr (Vegetal's full name is revealed! Dun dun dun...)

Hmm... this 2nd episode of SiaE plays more like an RPG than a CYOA... which is actually pretty cool :D  I kinda miss the nonsensical action choices you used to present us, tho... but I suppose we can just make them up whenever we want :P
Some KS levels by me:

I'll just say this to Yukabacera:

Yeah, i know your name. I've also understood you founded Messville, and know about the elevator? I've receieved this message. I'll quote one statement couldn't have overlooked:
You're sorta my partner on this game.
That means you can tell me something more, amirite? *drinks coffee* For the love of-- This is the most bitter thing i've drunk in my life! What is this, Godot Blend #46?

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
Sir Leroy informs the others that he just happens to have lost his PurpleBerry in a freak juggling accident that involved a chat-room and some Lincoln Logs. From the future!!.

He does, however, give the staff his lengthy email address,  lsirleroymochaalottalattethethird@mechatec.vr.

He then activates the command: join party/ stuck_in_elevator203 and waits to be accepted.
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Matt swears that the creature is looking quizzically at him behind that visor. He just stands like that for a few moments, then starts talking:

"Oh, so you're looking for that Yukabacera! You'll have to contact the sorta-real-life version of him to discuss your partnership. His name is--" He pauses and draws his breath:

"Hon. Goodman Leonard Edward Matthew "Lem" Westwood, Esq. I think he's got an office on the 200th floor of Northbridge, and he's listed as L.E.M. Westwood. Oh and, about that drink: I have no idea what Godot Blend #46 is. This is a popular Arvellian beverage, called Koffee: The Businessman's Beverage. With more 3-methoxy-4-hydroxybenzaldehyde than ever!"

Sir Leroy gets accepted into the party. The rest of the people welcome him heartily.

=|=
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 21:33:54 by Yukabacera »

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
The guy from the 5th that so far was filling the application form (Skiping hard or disturbing questions) hands down to vegetal his PurpleBerry number and Mail adress.

Data discovered!
5th floor guy PurpleBerry: 277 541-3141
5th floor guy Mail: CCaddel@mechatec.vr

And then decides to Go out and examine the street.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 22:40:13 by Firecat »
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.