The Messville Chronicles Ep. 2: This One Doesn't Really Have A Proper Name

• 111 Replies

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Matt goes to the nearest Punch Designix and punches captchalogue cards containing the following items:

Spoiler:  List of items (click to show/hide)
All of these punched cards are stored in Matt's Sylladex so they can eventually end up being involved in Weird Plot Shit.
Sir Leroy finds out this isn't a MS Paint Adventure and that there are no Sylladexes in this game.
:facepalm:

There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

I bought a Sylladex, as well as the Wallet Fetch Modus and some other modi, in the year 2094. 39 years in the future. Sir Leroy didn't.

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Sir Leroy rushes to his modest one-bedroom apartment, and starts frantically searching for his jetpack. He quickly finds it under his bed (along with some other things which are best left undescribed).

Yonowaaru's only dive-bombing option is dive-bombing through Northbridge Tower's reinforced glass windows, which is a very unpleasant and painful experience.

(because, y'know, you actually have to be near the boat to enter it. Basic stuff.)

The owner of the speedboat eyes the guy from 5th floor suspiciously for a couple of moments.

"So the people from Messville really do like drinking sweet crude! And I thought Bob from Accounting was crazy!", he says. He's from probably from Stately. "Well, I'll take you to that platform in a couple of minutes. Here's your drink." The man hands Firecat some unidentifiable liquid (probably not sweet crude oil, but you never know)

Firecat follows the man into his boat, he starts it up, and they're soon near MechaOil-05 and the ancient city.

The man warns Firecat that he is not in any way responsible if the guards on the platform horribly mutilate him in any way. Firecat grabs a nearby ladder and climbs up. Directly in front of him is a door labeled FLUID CATALYTIC CRACKING UNIT HOUSING - DO NOT ENTER. Many other doors with inexplicable labels such as "DEC-25" and "OCT-31" are all around him, and a set of stairs goes up to the top of the platform. The only other interesting thing is a pair of double doors labeled "ISPEZ HOUSING/PV ARRAY CONTROL ROOM".

Matt is told that, while his time-traveling skills are indeed marvelous, they cannot actually alter the future or past in any way. So there is no Punch Designix.

However, being a kind fourth-wall breaking host, I point Matt towards the nearest ValueRep item replicator:

MATT'S FUTURISTIC WRISTWATCH: The replicator spits out a wristwatch of the same function and design (although it does not necessarily belong to anyone called Matt).

SWEET BRO AND HELLA JEFF COMIC: The replicator answers "Unknown graphic novel. If you wish to add this item to my database, please contact the building supervisor."

CHRISTOPHER CADDEL'S EMPLOYEE BADGE: The machine spits out the very same badge, although without the scribbled-over name.

MATT'S MAGATAMA: The replicator answers "Unknown accessory. If you wish to add this item to my database, please contact the building supervisor."

ADDITIONAL MAGATAMAS: Yeah, you know the drill. Same as last time.

FRUIT GUSHERS: *coughcoughnotearthcomeondudedoIhavetorepeatmyselfeverytime*

LAPTOP: The machine spits out a PassionFruit netbook.

HMD: The replicator spits out a medical HMD, which acts as a portable x-ray and MRI scanner. (these machines, while incredibly convenient, are not used much in medicine due to their astronomical cost)

CAPTCHALOGUE CARD: The machine has never even heard of the word "captchalogue", so it registers "card" as "playing card" and spits out an ace of spades.

After Matt is done with ordering, the machine speaks out:

"Thank you for choosing ValueRep! Please insert...twenty-five-work-credits...or your no-cost item approval form. If you accidentally ordered an item that you did not want, place it back into the tray. Failure to pay the specified amount will result in severe injuries and/or death."

=|=

:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline TheDarkOne

• Darkness...
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Account
TheDarkOne decides to take TNT from a certain game called Minecraft and BLOW UP THE BUILDING!!!

The building blows up.

Everyone jumps out. BUT... they land in this:

DUN DUN DUN DUN

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
TheDarkOne decides to take TNT from a certain game called Minecraft and BLOW UP THE BUILDING!!!

The building blows up.

Everyone jumps out. BUT... they land in this:

DUN DUN DUN DUN
1. This is not Minecraft.
2. You are not the GM.
3. Its three DUN's
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
Bob, not knowing the boat has left, walks to the boardwalk.

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
/------------------\
|REST IN PEACE|
|THE MESSVILLE|
|CHRONICLES    |
|2010-2010       |
|WE WILL          |
|ALWAYS            |
|REMEMBER YOU|
---------------------

Well, yep, that's all folks. This one turned out to be a convoluted mess, partly because I was desperately trying to adapt the story to every new post. I really don't want to abandon this game (go on, admit it, you don't either) so I ask: anyone got a better idea of how exactly I should be hosting this?

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.