[Hard/Challenge] Eurydice

• 117 Replies

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: [Hard/Challenge] Eurydice
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2013, 10:59:01 »
I hereby declare this my favorite Knytt game of all time! C)p

If you haven't already, maybe you might like to try other Talps Classics™ such as I Dreamed of the Sky or Petals of a Dying Flower?

Offline ska

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2013, 15:35:00 »
      SERGIO, I've played and finished (except for "Haydron Collider") all of Talps's games, they are ALL my favorites, but particularly the two you mentioned. Do you have any other suggestions for excellent games?

TALPS, gotta take a moment here-you are a brilliant designer.  I am your gushing fanboy.  You make wonderful challenges-JUST hard enough that you are really really challenged, but not so difficult that it detracts from the theme or story of your game and you become supremely frustrated or quit.  Your dark but ultimately uplifiting themes strick a deep psychological cord.  You follow along with Knytt through her journeys similar to a great novel!  Thank you for all your efforts!

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2013, 19:22:47 »
Thanks Ska; it's really, really great to hear feedback like that. Storytelling is my real passion so it's great to hear you like what I'm doing. :)

Speaking of dark and uplifting...

Offline juhj

• This happens when I can't finish a level D:
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2013, 16:06:54 »
Is that ^ a screenshot of a new level in progress? :whoa: It looks very good. (Especially the cube.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 16:08:33 by juhj »
image removed, became invalid
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2013, 17:06:55 »
Coloured cubes seem to be popping up everywhere!

(yes, I'm being deliberately mysterious).

Offline juhj

• This happens when I can't finish a level D:
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2013, 17:40:49 »
Very interesting!  ;)
image removed, became invalid
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Offline McGloomy

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2013, 01:50:26 »
I loved "Petals of a Dying Flower", so I also gave "Eurydice" a try. There were some pretty hard sections, but I got through all of them and really enjoyed the level so far, but now I'm stuck at the "wall of upwardly crushing pillars" like others in this thread before me. I've explored the whole tunnel section and tried to understand what the hints were trying to tell me, but right now I'm just really stuck. Can someone please help me?   :sad:

UPDATE: I figured it out! Sometimes all you need to do is take a break for a few days and just give it a second try. ^^
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 20:48:04 by McGloomy »

Offline scwizard

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2015, 03:42:52 »
Amazing level.

One quip, finding the teleporter in the lake in the grey area above the underworld took me looking at the editor.

Also I was really hoping for a chance to go back and explore the full overworld and get to this area. It looked like there was a huge area past here, sadly there was nothing but void...

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2015, 20:22:02 »
Many years ago I played the computer game version of 'The Phantom Menace' on a friend's PC. I never finished it and it's horribly dated now, but the way it made a linear world feel vast and open was really amazing; no other game I've played has done so good a job (the Half Life 2 games for example do an awful job of making the world look anything but totally linear). So giving the feeling that the world you're in is much bigger than the world you're seeing is something I aspire to. Glad you got so caught up in the illusion. ;) Sadly filling in all the odd corners would only create more odd corners to fill, and that, I fear, is the road to where madness lies.

As for the lake in the grey world, I concur; there are a lot of little things like that in 'Eurydice' that would benefit from being changed, and a few very large things too. I've been toying with the idea of making 'Eurydice DX' for a while now, but I think it'd be such a big job to get it up to a standard I could be happy with now that not a lot of it would be recognisable afterwards. :P I might get to it one day, but at the moment I'm focussing my Knytting time on new creations.

Still, thanks for posting and letting me know you enjoyed it. It's great to get feedback. ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 20:40:54 by Talps »

Offline scwizard

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2015, 03:46:08 »
It's awesome to hear that you're still working on levels.

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2015, 01:34:38 »
just replayed level - like all Talps levels - great!! I'm lost again on how to get the purple key! lol.

I have everything else. Can someone spoiler-alert the info to me in a reply. Thanks

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2015, 13:08:20 »
Spoiler: Of the purple key... (click to show/hide)
Glad you're having fun! :D

I must make Eurydice DX
I must make Eurydice DX
I must make Eurydice DX...

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 00:37:54 by Talps »

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2015, 01:45:54 »
Spoiler: Of the purple key... (click to show/hide)
Glad you're having fun! :D

I must make Eurydice DX
I must make Eurydice DX
I must make Eurydice DX...

You DA MAN, Talps!!!!

When are you coming out with your next Knytt Stories level!?!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:07:19 by seattalite »

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2015, 19:13:07 »
When are you coming out with your next Knytt Stories level!?!

http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=3667.60

Getting there.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2015, 16:21:38 »
Well, I just replayed Eurydice for the... 4th time, maybe?

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I would do a formal review, but it'd be too gushing and impartial and its difficult to put how I feel about this level into a few check boxes.